Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well hello smellers!
Its been a small bit since Ive been here. Havent done squat to my machine since the TO. Alot of stuff going on. One big thing (I think I can talk about it now🤔)
During a bad storm here a few weeks ago, we toped 85mph winds and 7 tornados with the closest just 7 miles north of my home. All was good here but my 30’ flag pole got bent mid way up and alot of debris
In my yard. Last week before we left to go camping for labor day, we found that from the storm we had a massive tear in the roof of our TH and major water intrusion in the 5th wheel area. Then later some subtle frame damage from tweaking from the high winds and other small issues that we seen. Needless to say, after many talks with my insurance, estimates and many pics later, looks like its gonna a total loss unless the underwriters decide to spend the ridiculous money to fix it. So we've been looking at replacements and trying to pic something worth our hard earned money. They are not cheep and many dont seem worth that. Had our TH 7-1/2 yrs since new, things have changed since then.
Thats whats been taking up my time as of late.

Slightly getting to my Talon also. I got halted a while back this summer when crazy $hit kicked in as well. Also got to get my sleds ready for snow season coming up fast and an addition to finnish on my garage at my cabin that these things just keep pushing it back. Lets say my OCD has been in overdrive lol. Stay toned folks.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well hello smellers!
Its been a small bit since Ive been here. Havent done squat to my machine since the TO. Alot of stuff going on. One big thing (I think I can talk about it now🤔)
During a bad storm here a few weeks ago, we toped 85mph winds and 7 tornados with the closest just 7 miles north of my home. All was good here but my 30’ flag pole got bent mid way up and alot of debris
In my yard. Last week before we left to go camping for labor day, we found that from the storm we had a massive tear in the roof of our TH and major water intrusion in the 5th wheel area. Then later some subtle frame damage from tweaking from the high winds and other small issues that we seen. Needless to say, after many talks with my insurance, estimates and many pics later, looks like its gonna a total loss unless the underwriters decide to spend the ridiculous money to fix it. So we've been looking at replacements and trying to pic something worth our hard earned money. They are not cheep and many dont seem worth that. Had our TH 7-1/2 yrs since new, things have changed since then.

Slightly getting to my Talon also. I got halted a while back this summer when crazy $hit kicked in as well. Also got to get my sleds ready for snow season coming up fast and an addition to finnish on my garage at my cabin that these things just keep pushing it back. Lets say my OCD has been in overdrive lol. Stay toned folks.
Just keep plugging brother. Looking like we might get a direct hit from Lee next Friday or so. Don't need anything crashing on my garage. Or truck. Fingers crossed brother.
Caper

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, @Remington. We got hit with the same two storms this summer. All the new roofs are replaced as of last TUE. Now waiting on the insurance adjusters for the capsized boat and mangled roll in dock system. I expect them to total it all as well, but you never know!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, @Remington. We got hit with the same two storms this summer. All the new roofs are replaced as of last TUE. Now waiting on the insurance adjusters for the capsized boat and mangled roll in dock system. I expect them to total it all as well, but you never know!
Thanks man.
Yes you got it as well sucks.
IM trying to see the positive end to it. As my old man use to say…
Lifes is known for throwing u curve balls, its how you hit them is what counts

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My dad's advice is just as appropriate in these situations: "It is what it is."

Maybe we'll just use the proceeds for a TH instead of a new boat? 🤔🤣

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My dad's advice is just as appropriate in these situations: "It is what it is."

Maybe we'll just use the proceeds for a TH instead of a new boat? 🤔🤣
Not a bad idea 🤣

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Well hello smellers!

Sorry to hear about the carnage at your place. They say that's why they write insurance? So glad the you and your wife survived without injury. Shout if I can be of any help

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Few things I got done.
The Honda soft doors and the mirrors. Thanks @906UP for that idea.

Anyone Interested in some CEC enclosures Talon 2 seater soft doors used 1 season less than 6 times send me a PM or they will be listed on the by sell soon.
You can see pics of what they look like in this build

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Few things I got done.
The Honda soft doors and the mirrors. Thanks @906UP for that idea.

Anyone Interested in some CEC enclosures Talon 2 seater soft doors used 1 season less than 6 times send me a PM or they will be listed on the by sell soon.
You can see pics of what they look like in this build View attachment 403843View attachment 403844
How much you take for the Talon?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also some off topic BS.
You sled guys know about this.
Getting the sleds ready for winter always starts a few months early if u want to prevent most things miles away on trail.

After doing all the main maintenance stuff, I made a mod of a battery tender connector water proof of corse, so when the sleds are in the cold barn they can keep a charge much like i did for the sxs’s
I like the look .

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also on the sleds, added some LED lights. Although pricy as fuc but BRP does it right with accessories and plug and play and switch for the dash is solid. They are high quality.
IMG 7215

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!