kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I left mine on , I did unlatch the top of the net. This seem to give more room and does not annoy me as bad. I really like the looks of the net but hated the feel of enclosure I guess

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I left mine on , I did unlatch the top of the net. This seem to give more room and does not annoy me as bad. I really like the looks of the net but hated the feel of enclosure I guess
If you on latch the 2 top klipes and roll them up and klipe it back to itself it makes a very confterbul armrest.

C

Chooglin

I have tried all sorts of configuration with the Nets (including removing them) but I have found that this works best for me and my passenger. It still provides protection and doesn't obstruct your view.
You simply unhook the top front clasp and rap it around the net and hook it together !............I also like the looks of it !
20160703 193109

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I have tried all sorts of configuration with the Nets (including removing them) but I have found that this works best for me and my passenger. It still provides protection and doesn't obstruct your view.
You simply unhook the top front clasp and rap it around the net and hook it together !............I also like the looks of it !
View attachment 19516
I do something similar but I clip the top rear clip around the rack on the back to keep it tight. I like the idea of being able to put them back up if I'm riding through tight trails. They keep branches and jaggers from whipping you as you drive by. I always have the passenger side up when my son is in with me.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I detach my nets at the top of the cage, fold them over next to where the nets attach to the door and use a small carabiner to hold them there and If I want them back up it takes 30 seconds and they are up.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
IT IS UNSAFE TO REMOVE THE SAFETY NETS AND YOU SHOULD NEVER TAKE THEM OFF!

Now that I've said that... I removed em as soon as I backed it off the trailer.

J

Jshell3

I don't know, guys... I think Honda did a great job designing the door/net system so it's not a pain in the butt... I'll reward that by leaving them as they are. And briars can find something other than my face and neck to attach to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Talen and joeymt33
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Same here!

Chisholm

Chisholm

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas
Ownership

1. 500

I have to keep mine on, my 2 year old granddaughter likes to lean over the door.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have to keep mine on, my 2 year old granddaughter likes to lean over the door.
Indubitably, if children are riding, that's totally different.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Leave them on if your riding anywhere you could roll it or lay it on its side . Laid mine over at almost zero speed onto the passengers side and my passenger (who's been riding sxs for years) immediately tried to put his right hand out but he couldnt because of the net . It served its purpose . Like a helmet hope you never test it but if you have the occasion I sure hope you have it on .

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Aside from safety, i love them for keeping linbs out of my face. The first sxs i rode in, i was like, this getting hit constantly sucks. I was so happy with the easy to use net door combo on the p5

Reactions: rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
They don't bother me. Had to tighten them up when I first got it and haven't messed with them since.
Might take them off for plowing though. Want all the visibility I can get.
Seriously considering some side mirrors. Not to hijack the thread but any suggestions
on some that are quick to put on and take off?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They don't bother me. Had to tighten them up when I first got it and haven't messed with them since.
Seriously considering some side mirrors. Not to hijack the thread but any suggestions
My Koplins took 15 minutes to install the pair. I don't know if you'd consider that quick or not. Visibility, that's why I removed my nets.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Why would you want to remove them ? They (New Design Seizmik Breakaway Side View Mirrors 1.625" - Honda Pioneer 500 SxS) fold in flat. I backed out of a squeeze between some pine trees and not paying attention caught the right mirror on one ! It just turned itself around and didn't break !
Of course they fold in easily when I hit brush or anything with them .

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was hoping for quick clamps like the Honda stuff...but cheaper.
I see. What's your purpose for needing to remove them easily?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Why would you want to remove them ? They (New Design Seizmik Breakaway Side View Mirrors 1.625" - Honda Pioneer 500 SxS) fold in flat. I backed out of a squeeze between some pine trees and not paying attention caught the right mirror on one ! It just turned itself around and didn't break !
Of course they fold in easily when I hit brush or anything with them .
That's been my experience with the Kolpins which look very much the same and about $20.00 cheaper. I usually pull them in when the trail gets tight, but on the occasions I forget, the brush folds them up for me with no damage to them ever.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement