P1000 Removing rear seats.

Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran a search and was surprised to not find a previous thread on how to remove the rear seat back padding. I very, very rarely have passengers in the back but every time I do, the rear seats are filthy, I'd just as soon take them out and kept clean and just put them back in when I need them. I know the seat bottoms just pull out, but how do you get the seat backs attached to the underside of the bed out?

Reactions: Isaiah
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran a search and was surprised to not find a previous thread on how to remove the rear seat back padding. I very, very rarely have passengers in the back but every time I do, the rear seats are filthy, I'd just as soon take them out and kept clean and just put them back in when I need them. I know the seat bottoms just pull out, but how do you get the seat backs attached to the underside of the bed out?

Four bolts two on each seat, where the seat hinges.

You will also need to get underneath the bed, and remove the strut that assists in slowing the seat back down when it is being lowered.

If you take the rear seats and the rear seatbelts out it sheds about 100 pounds of weight.

The bed will not dump without the rear seats down, so you will need to remove the safety latch in the middle that prevents the bed from dumping with the seats up, it can be replaced so set it aside and save it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It gives you a lot of other options as well...

285E5ACF B4EC 4165 ADF2 BCFE9DCF7C6F
3A9BE6E2 B2BE 41F0 9035 31E2E430A4AD

Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh ...the screws in the bed floor let you remove the seat backs

Milwaukee Packout baseplates.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if that released the seats or released the plastic bed floor from the metal frame, and they're pretty tight so I figured I'd leave them alone until I found out.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok so I was just looking into this last night. Im wanting to add some anchor/hooks in place of them screws that hold the seat back rest, but there are two screws that seem to have a nut on the other end. But with out taking the seat back off I cant reach said nuts. Am I doing or not doing somt'n right here?

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used two of the seat bolts to install some tie downs in the bed. There was a threaded hole an the seat frame that the bolt went thru with a acorn nut on the end to protect the occupants front the threads that came thru the frame.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!