P1000 Removing the CAT from Factory Exhaust How-To

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't remove the spark arrestor under ANY circumstances (except to clean, of course). In the past 25 years, we've had at least 2 100,000 + acre forest fires started in our area by ORVs with modified exhausts. Spark arrestors are there for a reason.
BUT ........ you live in an area where if the govt did not restrict prescribed burning, you would not have the unreal amount of kindling laying around just waiting to ignite.

S

scdaf

Mar 31, 2021
central Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your point is well made, but has nothing to do with mine. I am deeply frustrated with the approach BLM and the Forest Service have taken to manage forests and wildlands, which makes it all the more obvious we shouldn't run around throwing sparks.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm assuming the muffler is stainless steel, are you guys using MIG or wire feed welders with plain steel wire or switching to stainless wire?

I also have TIG available but it's at my "old" shop at the airport hangar.

Reactions: Smitty335
Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm assuming the muffler is stainless steel, are you guys using MIG or wire feed welders with plain steel wire or switching to stainless wire?

I also have TIG available but it's at my "old" shop at the airport hangar.
Nothing on my stock exhaust was stainless steel. Mine is a 2016 so maybe they changed it in the later model years, but all of mine was just mild steel.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!