P500 Removing the doors on a 520?

E

Elwood65

Jun 13, 2021
Sw ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How many people have removed their doors off their 520? If you have removed did you remove the door from hinge or did you remove the entire hinge? Also I want to ride public trails do they require the doors?
Thanks

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I haven't removed them, but we took a ride with them open once and it was very hot! As soon as we closed them, you could tell the change in temp. I can only assume that it some how pulls hot air from the engine area into the cabin when the doors are open.

Rob

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have a 520 but I tried it on my 1000 and didn’t like it. Kicks mud all in the cab and brush will eat your legs alive. What really made me put them back on was i hit some cattle crap and it covered my leg🤣

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I bungee cord the door open around the pasture doing chores. Too much mud and slaps by branches in the woods. Guess it depends on the terrain. That said, no doors is a nice view.

E

Elwood65

Jun 13, 2021
Sw ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Curious do the doors bug you?
I find them to be a nuisance when using the 520 for chores constantly getting in and out. I have borrowed a friends gator in the past and the gator does not have doors so the doors when working around the yard just seem unnecessary. Plus the dogs can’t get on and off without me opening the doors for them. LOL. After reading some of these responses I am leaning towards using a bungee cord to hold them open and that way I can still have them in place for trail riding.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Hey Elwood
Welcome to the ragtag group of Honda pioneer 500/ 520 Owners / Riders

Leave all bolts & just remove Hinge Pin is the easiest way to remove Honda doors.

A budgie works "but" over time the hinge pin Holes enlarge creating wear & future problems to repair.

RED is the 1st.color all other colors followed & Honda hopes they sell.

At this point were not sure you even own ONE ! Pictures or it Doesn't exist?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!