P1000 Replacement brake pads

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
Has any one had to replace their brake pads yet and does any one know of after market pads that might be available cheaper than OEM? Honda has them for around $40 a wheel!!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If someone does change their pads....
I'll trade you a shirt or a hat for some step by step pictures.
Need both front and back. Just one side will do.
Thanks.

As for me...
Coming out of the creek the other day I lost my brakes. Figured my pads were gone. I haven't checked yet but I do have a full set on order just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If someone does change their pads....
I'll trade you a shirt or a hat for some step by step pictures.
Need both front and back. Just one side will do.
Thanks.

As for me...
Coming out of the creek the other day I lost my brakes. Figured my pads were gone. I haven't checked yet but I do have a full set on order just in case.

Did the pedal go to the floor? Or firm pedal and no speed reduction?

Sent from my iPad 7G

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Pedal to floor. After a few pumps came back. First time that happened on the p1k.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've had my pedal hit the floor half a dozens times but it immediately came back and I've never found a problem. It hasn't happened since I put the CATVOS steering stops on. Before the steering stops, the brake caliper would hit the lower A-arm. I'm not sure if it's related or not. I know that's not your issue so I'm intrigued.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: CumminsPusher
itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
I just ordered a set of front and rear pads. If I remember I'll do some picture and send them to you @Hondasxs.

ProCalibercom

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
I've had my pedal hit the floor half a dozens times but it immediately came back and I've never found a problem. It hasn't happened since I put the CATVOS steering stops on. Before the steering stops, the brake caliper would hit the lower A-arm. I'm not sure if it's related or not. I know that's not your issue so I'm intrigued.

Sent from my iPad 7G

If your calipers were hitting the control arms it would allow your brake caliper piston to push inside the caliper causing a big gap between rotors and pads. Thus making you have to pump brake pedal to fill the brake fluid back into the caliper to push the piston back out.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Pedal to floor. After a few pumps came back. First time that happened on the p1k.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I've had it happen a couple times. Been too lazy to bleed the brakes though since they still work. May do that this week since it's gonna be raining... It just feels like the brakes need to be bled to me.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If your calipers were hitting the control arms it would allow your brake caliper piston to push inside the caliper causing a big gap between rotors and pads. Thus making you have to pump brake pedal to fill the brake fluid back into the caliper to push the piston back out.

That's probably what was happening. Here's the info on that so I don't gum up the brake pad thread. Post 68 has pics of the interference.

P1000 - CATVOS Pioneer 1000, 3 Inch Lift Install!

Sent from my iPad 7G

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!