BOX1

P500 Replacement CV Boot - who to believe

L

LloydinMT

Sep 21, 2020
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
The rear inner CV boot is torn. Going to replace it myself. Ordered one from eBay - an All Balls Racing 19-5027. Afterward looked on the All Balls Racing web site and they are recommending a 19-5025. Looking further I found 3 shops recommending the 19-5025, 1 shop the 19-5018 and 1 the 19-5027. Ordered a 19-5025 just in case. There are differences between the shaft ID, body ID and length based on All Balls size chart in all 3.

The question is where did everyone come up with the so called proper size? I would hope the supplier (All Balls Racing) would know what should go where. Of course All Balls Racing also says one can use the 19-5025 on the inner and outer front and rear. They look different to me. Will find out in a couple of days.

L

LloydinMT

Sep 21, 2020
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Got the 19-5025 and went ahead with it. The one thing I did not like is the cv boot 19-5025 big opening is 64 mm, the plunging joint diameter is 71 mm. It fit but it was pretty tight and didn't extend down as far as I thought it should. The 19-5027 would have been even tighter. Looks to me the
19-5018 might be better. Biggest time wasters were removing the existing bands and installing the joint back in the differential. I had to use a BOH to force it back in. And following the Honda instructions was somewhat interesting. Torquing the swing arm bolts with the tire on - could not get a torque wrench on the upper bolt because of the tire. Went and tightened it by feel. Ran it a couple miles and nothing came loose. Took way longer for me than it should have.

IMG 20200925 174954

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!