P700 Replacement Glass?

J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys,

Found a local Craigslist ad for a genuine Honda glass windshield and all hardware...for my '15 P700. Ad says the glass has a crack in it. Do they sell replacement glass? Or is it so expensive it doesnt make sense to replace? Or could a local glass company cut a piece to fit? I'm still waiting on the guy to get back to me so haven't seen the extent of the crack. Thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey guys,

Found a local Craigslist ad for a genuine Honda glass windshield and all hardware...for my '15 P700. Ad says the glass has a crack in it. Do they sell replacement glass? Or is it so expensive it doesnt make sense to replace? Or could a local glass company cut a piece to fit? I'm still waiting on the guy to get back to me so haven't seen the extent of the crack. Thanks for your feedback!
Glass should be under 150 to have a local glass shop cut it. It's just flat safety glass kind of a pain to install so I'd suggest pulling it and having them install. I purposely bought a broken unit to save some coin.i rode mine for months cracked till I cut my roof down and needed one for the smaller frame. Go for it!

Reactions: Tflynn
J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Appreciate the feedback. Actually just talked to the guy and gonna check out tomorrow night. He's asking 100 but offered to take less. Said he broke when it was new trying to install it, and just threw it back in the box. Curious to see how bad it is. Thanks!

J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would bet you could get a new glass installed for under a $100. We got 2 (1 installed, 1 loose) for I think $85 or so total.

Welp...picked up and installed the new Honda windshield. The guy also had a wiper he gave me a good price on. Do I have to have the honda switch plate to get the wiper to work? Thanks again fellas.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welp...picked up and installed the new Honda windshield. The guy also had a wiper he gave me a good price on. Do I have to have the honda switch plate to get the wiper to work? Thanks again fellas.

No but it's a little tricky. I did my 700 wiper but I don't remember wire colors. It required a relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would bet you could get a new glass installed for under a $100. We got 2 (1 installed, 1 loose) for I think $85 or so total.

Was that safety glass?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7295
This is from @ohanacreek

Reactions: Tflynn and Eltobgi
J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dang. Thanks a lot CumminsPusher. That box in the middle of the photo is the relay, correct? And something you had to add? Sorry...My electrical skills ain't the greatest. :(

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes that's the relay. I know it looks bad but it really wouldn't take too much. Many hate wiring myself included but if a little time is given the difficulty goes away. At least consider it already having the wiper that's a great deal you got and would be cool to see you get the most out of it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It should be laminated for a windshield. If so that's a really good deal definitely below going rate you did good. Mine was 117 installed for tinted from a business we use.

advertisement
J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welp...got my windshield back today and just installed it. $200 all in for a Honda windshield ain't bad. ;) Hoping to tackle the wiper later this weekend. Have a good weekend, fellas!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a great deal!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!