Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
NOOOOOO... Noooo.. NOOO.. for the love of God... DO NOT EVER DO THIS.

Unless u want to buy a new computer unit. Not that it want work in theory.. but you can't find a single report of it actually working. 99% of people are not skilled enough or have the resources to do this if it did happen to work.

Reactions: p500fan
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I really hope I never see another post about this thing EVER!!!!!! but its better for ppl to ask and not buy then buy and say wtf did I just do

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
only way to increase speed / rev limit is ecu tune or aftermarket cdi box

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Putting on larger diameter tires is about the best way to add top end speed, and it wont do much. I think I've heard 28s might get you up around 45-48mph or so... Honda just didnt design these things for top end speed, but they are very low geared to make it easy to add larger tires with little performance drop off.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I agree with the other - don't do it. The machine is not really built go fast anyway - Don't want to risk damage!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Damage!!!!!! Any company that says you have to open a factory ecu and unsolder and resolder circuts is complete bs any liget company will provide a plug n play or remort tune plug in module period !!!!!!!

Reactions: Moose308
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Putting on larger diameter tires is about the best way to add top end speed, and it
Damage!!!!!! Any company that says you have to open a factory ecu and unsolder and resolder circuts is complete bs any liget company will provide a plug n play or remort tune plug in module period !!!!!!!
Agree
wont do much. I think I've heard 28s might get you up around 45-48mph or so... Honda just didnt design these things for top end speed, but they are very low geared to make it easy to add larger tires with little performance drop off.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
@Moose308 dont you dare talk dirty to me lol

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Eat 3 taco supremes before the ride and 30mins in hang your a$$ outa the back and push hard ull have more thrust and feel better then trying a magnum magic box or just give me 10 bucks ill kick you in the balls and it will be the same result and feeling

advertisement
ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
Using tire size to compensate for lack of top end speed will result in compromises in other areas, especially off road, higher center of gravity and loss of power when running in mud come to mind. You have 475 CC's to work with and that is all there is. You can slice it and dice it and try and extract as much as you can with mechanical advantage but at the end of the day, you can't put in what Honda purposefully left out. The machine is not made to run fast. The topic has been hashed over extensively. It comes down to the Honda guys saying the machine is not made to run fast, and fast is not necessary since it is a trail/utility machine (and they are right, it obviously is not capable of going fast). Others (me) say I would rather have the speed and perhaps not need or use it than to not have it at all (because sometimes you do need/want the top end). I think you bought the wrong machine. I am hoping that that the sport version of the 1000 makes this all better.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
You do realize its geared and tuned for low end grunt aka torque you are so obsessed with numbers and spec sheets not real world riding hey guess what the zx14 is supposedly the fastest production bike so why can they not hang with my gsxr 750 ( bsides mile long straights) the rzr 900 is so bad ass yet gets wrecked by arcticcat trail which is a 700 and guess what in the trails it doesnt matter the p5 is right there with them all they only way your love for the rzr is valid on a honda sxs site is if u say lets race down a rode or on the dunes and for some reason ur thinking the p1k is going to be a rocket well sry it onky gonna top around 60 its still geared and tuned for lowend it built for real outdoors men hunting fishing camping and riding ur you are so obsessed with speed then keep your rzr and have triple the money into and still not as capable the rzr was built for one thing ego raising and speed but doesnt last for s*** built like s*** cheap s*** parts s*** service its all in all s*** but i guess some ppl that come up short in the man department have to compensate some how so more power to ya i guess hahahah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!