JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I had a stroke and don't have use of my left arm at all. Am I going to be able to operate the reverse at all.?my 520 I on order and due in soon.
Welcome from south FL....

I'm not too familiar with the P5s but I believe there is a over ride/bypass for that. Someone more knowledgeable then me will sure comment.... @trigger @Mudder

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I had a stroke and don't have use of my left arm at all. Am I going to be able to operate the reverse at all.?my 520 I on order and due in soon.
If the P520 is like the P500, simply tighten up the reverse lever cable adjustment (from inside the hood) which will act as the lever being constantly pulled. Here’s a link to a thread with video. Hope this helps and best wishes on the recovery.

Last edited:
OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
r
I had a stroke and don't have use of my left arm at all. Am I going to be able to operate the reverse at all.?my 520 I on order an
I had a stroke and don't have use of my left arm at all. Am I going to be able to operate the reverse at all.?my 520 I on order and due in
Welcome from NE Ga…Let the good times roll!

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Reverse lever bypass as Mudder mentioned. Best free mod out there. While cruising around, I frequently have a beverage occupying the use of my left hand, or I'm just being lazy, so I shift/drive/change music selection with just my right hand.

You'll be fine.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. I had a couple of strokes within about 3 months, a few years back. Fortunately I did not have any physical problems. It just left me a little befuddled in the head. My wife and friends told me that they could not tell any difference. I don't know if they are just being nice, or if I have always been goofy. Hope you get well soon. 👍

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome from central upstate N.Y
Many good people & imformation on the Honda forum. & they like PICTURES
Red was the 1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell.

P520 <>Reverse Lever adjusted Out <> Spinner Steering Knob <> EPS <> Should make Excelent Set-up for situation.
Good Health <> Good times <> in the future.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
$hit man! You buy the dunes!
Welcome fellow michigander!

Like you said, post some pics when u can! #POIDH

Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
On the fence about this mod. Are there any drawbacks from a mechanical standpoint in having the lever and associated trans components in this "stressed under tension condition". Asking for a friend. ;)

Reactions: FJC 79
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
M
On the fence about this mod. Are there any drawbacks from a mechanical standpoint in having the lever and associated trans components in this "stressed under tension condition". Asking for a friend. ;)
Mine was done the day I got it home, years back. I'm sure others have been done even longer.

It's probably actually less stressfull on the system, VS constantly yanking on the reverse handle and stressing the cable. Ya ever hang out with a buncha guys on 3wheelers, and have to do 8 point turns for hours on end cuz you cant follow em on their dinky little trails? lol, woulda yanked out my hair if I had to keep jerking on that reverse lever...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It doesn't put any stress on the trans at all. I did this mod right away as well due to plowing with mine and that lever was just a pita. It's just a BS safety feature that they put on to make you conscious of the fact you'll be backing up. There's a similar feature on my JD lawn tractor. It won't even go into reverse until you're nearly at a dead stop.

Reactions: Mudder and FJC 79
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Gubmint and lawyers threw that lever in there because you can't be trusted. Adjusted so long ago that I forgot it was there till you posted. Get well and take care of yourself. Been there, done that. Pound your P-5 for medicinal purposes...........

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

It doesn't put any stress on the trans at all. I did this mod right away as well due to plowing with mine and that lever was just a pita. It's just a BS safety feature that they put on to make you conscious of the fact you'll be backing up. There's a similar feature on my JD lawn tractor. It won't even go into reverse until you're nearly at a dead stop.
What Trigger said.

Reactions: trigger
D

driller

Feb 19, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 520
From a mechanical engineering standpoint, the stress under constant tension is most likely much less than cyclical strain and relief from repeatedly operating the lock out lever. ;)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!