P500 No reverse on 2022 Honda 500

I

Intranetsites

Sep 3, 2021
abbotsford bc canada
Ownership

1. 500
Wont engage reverse... only 25 hours ....

it is freezing at night and have not run the atv for about a month.

goes into forward and neutral but just not reverse??

Anny ideas??

Reactions: Smitty335
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it’s shifting gears N-1-2-3-4-5 then I doubt it’s an electrical power issue preventing it from shifting into R. That said it’s never a bad idea to make sure the battery is fully charged.

I’d trace your reverse lockout lever cable and make sure everything is connected and tight when it is pulled. You can adjust that lever completely out of existence anyway (search bar in the upper right can dig up threads on it “reverse mod”). The ECU won’t let it shift from R-1 or 1-R without hitting zero MPH anyway from the multiple people on here that have tested it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wont engage reverse... only 25 hours ....

it is freezing at night and have not run the atv for about a month.

goes into forward and neutral but just not reverse??

Anny ideas??
Welcome from the lower 45

what year mileage? We also need pics of the rig. So post em up asap please. #POIDH

Hell of a first ever post since joining over a year an a half ago. Sorry it has to be an issue. Your on the right track with the battery to start with. The rest of the guys that have posted have some good pointers as well

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!