P1000 Rhino Brand Boot Replacement

A

aspire

Sep 14, 2020
ottawa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seems the ice, snow and cold weather has found a way to puncture the front outer CV boot on Pioneer 1000 driver side. The axel is Rhino Brand (not 2.0) with part number 3-64-F-0-DT (2007). Where can i buy a replacement kit and what is the part number for the outer boot? Seems everything online is for Rhino 2.0. Thanks

Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
H

HondaTech

Seems the ice, snow and cold weather has found a way to puncture the front outer CV boot on Pioneer 1000 driver side. The axel is Rhino Brand (not 2.0) with part number 3-64-F-0-DT (2007). Where can i buy a replacement kit and what is the part number for the outer boot? Seems everything online is for Rhino 2.0. Thanks

We've been down this road before.

They dont produce boots for non 2.0 Rhino axles.

Only 2.0 axles have boot kits available.

Reactions: Lady01
A

aspire

Sep 14, 2020
ottawa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We've been down this road before.

They dont produce boots for non 2.0 Rhino axles.

Only 2.0 axles have boot kits available.
Ok... so what are my options? Is there a suitable after market boot available ? The non 2.0 axels are still being sold so there has to be a way to repair it.

H

HondaTech

Ok... so what are my options? Is there a suitable after market boot available ? The non 2.0 axels are still being sold so there has to be a way to repair it.

Honestly i dont know if there is an alternative, we had to swap the guys axles out to 2 0. We dont install Rhino axles unless requested by the customer.

A

aspire

Sep 14, 2020
ottawa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honestly i dont know if there is an alternative, we had to swap the guys axles out to 2 0. We dont install Rhino axles unless requested by the customer.

Ok thanks for the update. I do not understand why Rhino 1.0 axels are still being sold while the product is obsolete and the wearable replacement parts are unavailable. Dealer websites do not mention any of this. I understand there maybe excess inventory to sell off, but a customer will pay full pop thinking they have a quality axel and then are left holding the bag on failure which is typically boot related. For anyone else in a similiar position, please see:

At 4:58 of the video, this problem is described and a potential workaround with an aftermarket boot

CV Boot for Rhino 1.0 axle - https://amzn.to/3erjwmO

H

HondaTech

Ok thanks for the update. I do not understand why Rhino 1.0 axels are still being sold while the product is obsolete and the wearable replacement parts are unavailable. Dealer websites do not mention any of this. I understand there maybe excess inventory to sell off, but a customer will pay full pop thinking they have a quality axel and then are left holding the bag on failure which is typically boot related. For anyone else in a similiar position, please see:

At 4:58 of the video, this problem is described and a potential workaround with an aftermarket boot

CV Boot for Rhino 1.0 axle - https://amzn.to/3erjwmO

SuperAtv is selling them directly like this as well. Thats where we found out they dont have service parts.

Reasons why i dont suggest Rhino anything, on top of others.

A

aspire

Sep 14, 2020
ottawa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
SuperAtv is selling them directly like this as well. Thats where we found out they dont have service parts.

Reasons why i dont suggest Rhino anything, on top of others.
I purchased two for the fronts in 2021 without any hint of obsolesence so yeah I agree.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
H

HondaTech

Not to start and argument, but the boots in the link dont fit any of the axles that fit a Pioneer 1000. 2.0 or Regular.

Infact the website shows a regular Rhino axle and a 2.0 have the same SKU # for fronts:
3-64-F-0-DT.

Screenshot 20220124 214130 Chrome

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Whoops , home work assignment SATV!

Reactions: SuperATV
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
We tried to get boots for regular Rhino axles and were told they didn't exist. I even message you directly and got the same answer.
Yep...its been about 2 years since we could get enough to allocate out and sell individually. Good times.

Trust me....we've been fighting this battle internally for a long time. Future looks good though.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Not to start and argument, but the boots in the link dont fit any of the axles that fit a Pioneer 1000. 2.0 or Regular.

Infact the website shows a regular Rhino axle and a 2.0 have the same SKU # for fronts:
3-64-F-0-DT.
2.0 boots have a different part number.

Example:
- 2.0 Boot: BK00-001
- Standard Rhino: BK-001

Looks like all the axle fitments haven't been updated yet in the fitment section. Over the years...any small change resulted in a part number change....so there are a lot of older part number and a few new ones that haven't been added in there yet.

The part numbers I posted earlier in the thread are the correct boot part numbers for the Regular Rhino axle....part number: 3-64-F-0-DT

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

2.0 boots have a different part number.

Example:
- 2.0 Boot: BK00-001
- Standard Rhino: BK-001

Looks like all the axle fitments haven't been updated yet in the fitment section. Over the years...any small change resulted in a part number change....so there are a lot of older part number and a few new ones that haven't been added in there yet.

The part numbers I posted earlier in the thread are the correct boot part numbers for the Regular Rhino axle....part number: 3-64-F-0-DT

Its just confusing, when trying to order parts, we had this same problem, so we just swapped in 2.0 axles instead.

Reactions: Lady01 and SuperATV
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Its just confusing, when trying to order parts, we had this same problem, so we just swapped in 2.0 axles instead.
Yep, the years of part number changes have been confusing with the OG Rhinos. I just had some guys go back and review and update all the old part numbers to get the axles above...and any others we have missed in the SKU rollup changes.

2.0's are the best bet anyway.

Reactions: Lady01 and Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!