P1000 Super ATV Rhino 2.0 axle boot problems!

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry guys it's been a long busy week truckin. But upon further investigation when I got home last weekend there was a tiny pinhole in the boot about half way between the clamps. Talked with Jared @TexasToughCustoms and he said that with his lift and the extended axles that there is no need to run steering stops. I'll be home tomorrow to install the new axle and will stroke it both ways as previously recommended (no pun intended) and see what happens. The axle degrees are not bad at all. Maybe even less angle that stock. I mean it only makes sense, if you go up 4 1/2 to 5 inches at the same time you moved to steering knuckle out 5 inches it doesn't change a thing as far as the angle goes. Obviously you put the other angle in there by moving it forward but that doesn't make it an extreme angle. So we'll see. Will be testing it out this weekend. Having a ride with alot of friends in memory of my best friend, who the good lord decided it was time to ride, fish, and watch dirt track racing from a much higher place. 48 years old and riding his wheeler to the river July 3rd when God called him home. So about to take the first ride without him I think ever since 2001-02. Gonna be the hardest ride ever, but I know that is what my brother from another would have wanted us to do for him.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry guys it's been a long busy week truckin. But upon further investigation when I got home last weekend there was a tiny pinhole in the boot about half way between the clamps. Talked with Jared @TexasToughCustoms and he said that with his lift and the extended axles that there is no need to run steering stops. I'll be home tomorrow to install the new axle and will stroke it both ways as previously recommended (no pun intended) and see what happens. The axle degrees are not bad at all. Maybe even less angle that stock. I mean it only makes sense, if you go up 4 1/2 to 5 inches at the same time you moved to steering knuckle out 5 inches it doesn't change a thing as far as the angle goes. Obviously you put the other angle in there by moving it forward but that doesn't make it an extreme angle. So we'll see. Will be testing it out this weekend. Having a ride with alot of friends in memory of my best friend, who the good lord decided it was time to ride, fish, and watch dirt track racing from a much higher place. 48 years old and riding his wheeler to the river July 3rd when God called him home. So about to take the first ride without him I think ever since 2001-02. Gonna be the hardest ride ever, but I know that is what my brother from another would have wanted us to do for him.
Sad face first and then Happy face. You know he would want you to keep ridding.

• Love
Reactions: Ericseabaugh
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had two Rhino 2 rear axle boots go to s*** this Summer. Starting to rethink the SATV axles.

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
POIDH!!!

punctured, ripped, came out of band clamp?

u tightened band clamp when boot axle was at extreme angle to account for max stretch plus a little ?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!