Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 226812
We were digging ginseng and my dad found a rattlesnake under a rock. When my sons and I got to him to see the snake we realized there was more than 1. 3 rattlesnakes and 3 copperheads under the same rock. 1 of the small copperheads got me on the finger when we were trying to get the last rattlesnake out from under the rock. I still took these pics after I was bit because I'm a REAL MAN lol.. Thats my son holding them in the pic.

Your no only a “REAL MAN” but one of the luckiest and nicest red blooded Americans I’ve ever met!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Also, @100Acre i’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not... but.. Should’a bought a KRX!!
20200906 224039

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
8 hours in on our Saturday ride. How much longer on the half day ride?

FB IMG 1601206400842

PS I haven't worn a watch since 4/30/2016, took that dog collar off.

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Truth detector of the NTC.
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thursday night my wife asked jackal and his wife how bad the next days trails would be. There not bad at all, my wife asked mrs jackal if the hills scared her. You could just see that s**t eating grin on her face. Thank goodness my wife wasn’t with me on Friday. From now on when he says it’s easy look out!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thursday night my wife asked jackal and his wife how bad the next days trails would be. There not bad at all, my wife asked mrs jackal if the hills scared her. You could just see that s**t eating grin on her face. Thank goodness my wife wasn’t with me on Friday. From now on when he says it’s easy look out!
Go up Widowmaker once, then Hell's Canyon in Tackett. Believe me those we rode were easy trails, the rain just made it more interesting. Everything more bland by long time ride members consider the really easy trails "gravel roads" even though last gravel was added in the 70s.

Mbradley42

Mbradley42

Aug 22, 2020
Waynesville NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It was a pleasure to meet all yall cant wait to do it again. Thank everyone one for there help especially @Ridinfool and your grandson and @JenElio it definitely was a great first ride at royal blue

advertisement
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@JACKAL thanks for playing the tour guide + scout master for us all this last few days.
On the drive back to Ohio my wife expressed how she likes this group to hang out with.

For me off roading is a family activity (I realize that is not necessarily a universal thing)
The first internet group ride I took my family on years ago was with a group of Pilot / Odyssey guys.
As we where on the way my wife asked me how I knew they weren't going to murder us and steel our stuff. (Que the long awkward silence)

We have been hanging around with this group for a few years now.
The comradery and people chipping in to help fix a vehicle has always been a staple.
And, not leaving a guy stranded on the mountain is comforting. (It will be my turn one of these days)

Although the situation was more than a little difficult, seeing everyone chip in to take care of @100Acre was heart warming for my wife.
A shout out to @JACKAL for going above and beyond, taking care of Bayleaf and running in to town to check on @100Acre .
I know you had a long day already herding the cats around the mountain (for 2 days), this made it much longer.
You should have a few days to relax now that most of us are gone.

Thanks again Bob, always good to drop in and visit your mountains there.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have to give everyone credit both days, everyone was ready to go at time mentioned, no waiting 30 minutes for stragglers to show.

The aforementioned is typical along with ........

FB IMG 1601206096380

Was definitely a great group to ride with.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd bet if she went Friday, u would be divorced or have to sell the buggy. I dont think anyone else got to see how hard u were bashing your machine to get over those last few big humps. I had a blast!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL thanks for playing the tour guide + scout master for us all this last few days.
On the drive back to Ohio my wife expressed how she likes this group to hang out with.

For me off roading is a family activity (I realize that is not necessarily a universal thing)
The first internet group ride I took my family on years ago was with a group of Pilot / Odyssey guys.
As we where on the way my wife asked me how I knew they weren't going to murder us and steel our stuff. (Que the long awkward silence)

We have been hanging around with this group for a few years now.
The comradery and people chipping in to help fix a vehicle has always been a staple.
And, not leaving a guy stranded on the mountain is comforting. (It will be my turn one of these days)

Although the situation was more than a little difficult, seeing everyone chip in to take care of @100Acre was heart warming for my wife.
A shout out to @JACKAL for going above and beyond, taking care of Bayleaf and running in to town to check on @100Acre .
I know you had a long day already herding the cats around the mountain (for 2 days), this made it much longer.
You should have a few days to relax now that most of us are gone.

Thanks again Bob, always good to drop in and visit your mountains there.
Thanks for the kind words. Just paying it forward, treating people like I hope to be treated. Have been on the receiving end asking for serious help twice with this club on rides, and as always whoever's there no matter 2 people or 40 have always taken care of our own.

A true testament to the 50+ yr old Honda tagline.....

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This was my first ride with a big group like this. My wife and I got up at 5:30 am on Fridya to be at the meeting place by 8:30. We rode for 12 hours, mostly in the rain without a windsheild. Almost tipped my little P500 sideways a few times but thanks to some of my new friends was able to recover. Got stuck once but was helped to winch out. Couldn't get over some large rocks but others helped out to stack up more very large rocks and I was able to successfully drive out. We didn't get back home until after midnight, soaked to the bone, tired, and cold. I thought I was going to have to get a divorce after dragging my wife through all that but Saturday morning first thing, she told me she had a great time and when are we going to do it again. You all are a great group. It is very reassuring to see peple help out others and everyone having a great time no matter what the circumstances. Hearing the unfortunate story of @100Acre accident and how he was in good hands just reinforces the quality of this group. Can't wait for Mayham #2!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This was my first ride with a big group like this. My wife and I got up at 5:30 am on Fridya to be at the meeting place by 8:30. We rode for 12 hours, mostly in the rain without a windsheild. Almost tipped my little P500 sideways a few times but thanks to some of my new friends was able to recover. Got stuck once but was helped to winch out. Couldn't get over some large rocks but others helped out to stack up more very large rocks and I was able to successfully drive out. We didn't get back home until after midnight, soaked to the bone, tired, and cold. I thought I was going to have to get a divorce after dragging my wife through all that but Saturday morning first thing, she told me she had a great time and when are we going to do it again. You all are a great group. It is very reassuring to see peple help out others and everyone having a great time no matter what the circumstances. Hearing the unfortunate story of @100Acre accident and how he was in good hands just reinforces the quality of this group. Can't wait for Mayham #2!
I could see that look of fear or anger in her eyes when I told u to just back up as far as u could and hit that hill wide open. But u did make it.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I could see that look of fear or anger in her eyes when I told u to just back up as far as u could and hit that hill wide open. But u did make it.
Sometimes a Man has to do what a MAN has to do!! Lol
I just said to my wife.........Yes dear!!! Who am I to be talking!!😂😂😂

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your no only a “REAL MAN” but one of the luckiest and nicest red blooded Americans I’ve ever met!!
This X 1000, @TripleB it was great to finally meet you and ride with you, when I order my 12v sprayer, I will tell them to send you a commission check.👍

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!