Calendar Ride Royal Blue - May 29-30

F

Firecaptain

Apr 20, 2019
Knoxville Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Already have a 2" SuperATV lift kit. Currently at 13.5 clearance in the rear and almost 13 in the front. New tires and rims on the way. Stay tuned.
We rode Saturday and had the same problems, a Can Am broke down in our group at 4pm and we didn’t get him out of the woods til 12am! We tried all day to get to Top of the World and never made it!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Rode east side Thursday and trails were quite muddy and rutted. Got stuck bad at intersection of 13 and 29. Probably stuck for about an hour. Had a Can-am hooked to me and a Rzr hooked to the Can-am and finally got me out. There were probably 5-6 machines all stuck in that area at one time. A total mess. Friday morning I noticed a torn rear outer boot. Didn't ride Friday. I did repairs. Saturday rode west side. Trails were great and weather was awesome. Not much of a trail picture taker but here are a few.
View attachment 200950View attachment 200951View attachment 200952View attachment 200953
I have to agree with you on the East side (Sundquist Unit) trails being in terrible rutted condition. Even trail 4 to 6 which is normally a green easy trail was impassable with ruts. Had to do a bogus 1/4 mile wilderness trek and go around a TWRA gate just to get out of that mess.

All west side (Royal Blue and New River units) are in far better conditions but there is a few real hairy wash outs from rains but not ruts from big tires.

More and more Jeeps and rock bouncers are finding their way to Eagle Rock campground and wreaking havoc on the trail system for SXS people. If it's on the paper map 75% chance it's a jacked up trail.

Worst of worst honorable mention trails:

Get on those trail #s above, bring a good winch and 32" + tires.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have to agree with you on the East side (Sundquist Unit) trails being in terrible rutted condition. Even trail 4 to 6 which is normally a green easy trail was impassable with ruts. Had to do a bogus 1/4 mile wilderness trek and go around a TWRA gate just to get out of that mess.

All west side (Royal Blue and New River units) are in far better conditions but there is a few real hairy wash outs from rains but not ruts from big tires.

More and more Jeeps and rock bouncers are finding their way to Eagle Rock campground and wreaking havoc on the trail system for SXS people. If it's on the paper map 75% chance it's a jacked up trail.

The wife and I have been going out weekly covering 60-80 miles each trip or TWRA trails for the past 6 weeks. 3 months ago trails 4 & 6 were in perfect condition, 2 weeks ago tried to take 3 machines through them as a shortcut to Town Rock and we never made it during to the ruts. Didn't even get 300 feet into trail 6 had all 4 tires off ground resting on skid plate, never in 15+ years have I seen trails 4 & 6 like that. They connect trail 9 which is where the Jeep and rock bouncers go to try and climb. Trail 9 is a lost cause of 20 bypasses now.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The wife and I have been going out weekly covering 60-80 miles each trip or TWRA trails for the past 6 weeks. 3 months ago trails 4 & 6 were in perfect condition, 2 weeks ago tried to take 3 machines through them as a shortcut to Town Rock and we never made it during to the ruts. Didn't even get 300 feet into trail 6 had all 4 tires off ground resting on skid plate, never in 15+ years have I seen trails 4 & 6 like that. They connect trail 9 which is where the Jeep and rock bouncers go to try and climb. Trail 9 is a lost cause of 20 bypasses now.
Yep 1st time I've ever had to turn around on trail 6 ever.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Any chance they might fix'm soon? I heard they do a decent job of keeping up with trail maintenance (but maybe not)

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Thursday we did 10 to 14 to 8 to 15 to 13 ( Oh f*** ) to 16 to 8 to 14 to 10

Friday I wrenched

Saturday 10 to 12 to west side to Cross mountain rd. to Smokey Junction and back the same way.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Any chance they might fix'm soon? I heard they do a decent job of keeping up with trail maintenance (but maybe not)
I hope so. I will be there 5/21-5/25 I will post an update when I get home. West side is nice riding if you have maps or know your way around.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Any of you open to more challenging riding?

Anyone interested in overland style camping Friday and Saturday night?

Im looking for a few interested in this type of adventure. Same weekend.

Let me know.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Let me know.
possibly

Reactions: Isaiah
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Let me know.
I wish!

Reactions: Isaiah
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I need some quick input from some of you that have been to RRB. So I'm working on my ride and I was wondering if its worth unhooking the sway bar for the ride up there? I wouldn't pull it out completely just yet but since im back there I wonder if its worth doing for the ride and then I can always hook it back or not.

PS. Most of the time I have kids in the back so im not doing anything tooo crazy!

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I need some quick input from some of you that have been to RRB. So I'm working on my ride and I was wondering if its worth unhooking the sway bar for the ride up there? I wouldn't pull it out completely just yet but since im back there I wonder if its worth doing for the ride and then I can always hook it back or not.

PS. Most of the time I have kids in the back so im not doing anything tooo crazy!
I got a spring spacer kit im puting in but im kinda bummed out cause I just got word that my wheel spacers wont be in on time 😞. I dont know how I'll feel about being higher not wider

• Sad
Reactions: TripleB and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got a spring spacer kit im puting in but im kinda bummed out cause I just got word that my wheel spacers wont be in on time 😞. I dont know how I'll feel about being higher not wider
Did you only get front spacers or rear as well?

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Did you only get front spacers or rear as well?
Hahaha, funny you should ask! It's supposed to be a full set but from the second I got them I new somtn didnt look right. I'm working on the rear right now and the damn spacer is too small of a diameter 🤬
I was just about to go back and watch your video again to c if your shocks are like mine 😆, cause where the spacer would rest between the washer and plate is different from front
20200509 231148

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hahaha, funny you should ask! It's supposed to be a full set but from the second I got them I new somtn didnt look right. I'm working on the rear right now and the damn spacer is too small of a diameter 🤬
I was just about to go back and watch your video again to c if your shocks are like mine 😆, cause where the spacer would rest between the washer and plate is different from frontView attachment 201759
Yep, you’re gonna need 2 pieces of 3” schedule 40 steel pipe cut at 3/4” or 7/8”.

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yep, you’re gonna need 2 pieces of 3” schedule 40 steel pipe cut at 3/4” or 7/8”.
Yeah just double check your vid, so the spacer rests on the spring itself huh? Ok.
Have you noticed it A LOT stiffer of a ride? Bunch of people told me not to waist my time with spacers. Also, any thoughts regarding sway bar?

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah just double check your vid, so the spacer rests on the spring itself huh? Ok
Have you noticed it A LOT stiffer of a ride? Bunch of people told me not to waist my time with spacers. Also, any thoughts regarding sway bar?
Yes the spacer sits on the spring. I feel like mine rides better than before the spacers but that might be due to the 30’s. I’m not sure on the sway bar but I have no plans to remove mine.

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes the spacer sits on the spring. I feel like mine rides better than before the spacers but that might be due to the 30’s. I’m not sure on the sway bar but I have no plans to remove mine.
Thank you sir! I appreciate all the help.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah just double check your vid, so the spacer rests on the spring itself huh? Ok.
All spacers do is add preload. On paper, yes ride will be stiffer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!