P1000 Riders Beware

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
I think the most important thing is to read the manual, especially on something so revolutionary! I got caught out on my first oil change as it wasn't till then that I realized that it had two oil plug drains, and accordingly two crush washers were required...

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I think the most important thing is to read the manual, especially on something so revolutionary! I got caught out on my first oil change as it wasn't till then that I realized that it had two oil plug drains, and accordingly two crush washers were required...
u don't need new crush washers all manufactures say that and we use them again and again never any leaks unless u gouge them or something!! but yeah 2 drain plugs because of the sump crazy huh lol

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
u don't need new crush washers all manufactures say that and we use them again and again never any leaks unless u gouge them or something!! but yeah 2 drain plugs because of the sump crazy huh lol
I would agree. I generally reuse them too.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have always reuse them as well. I will occasionally use the new one when they have it taped to the filter package. But I know on my old foreman, it's probably never had the washer changed.

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
That's funny, I always have reused them in the past, except I read on here that the Honda tech says they NEVER reuse them, so I figured that he knew best! I always change them in my BMW, because I just don't want to deal with ANY issues on it. One of my washers was pretty deformed from factory, so they had cranked it on there pretty tight....

Reactions: CashMoney
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
no different than any other vehicle. I have the same washers on my drag bikes and we change the oil about 15-20 times a summer. every 15 passes or so only time mine gets replaces is if I lose it lol ( no leaks so far)

Reactions: CashMoney
Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
When I had my rig serviced at the 100 mile mark (by the dealer) it started a slight oil leak. They replaced the crush washer to fix it. I don't know if they reused the old one or they got a defective new one when they did the initial service, but they even drove to my house and got it, fixed it, and brought it back. Talk about service.

Reactions: Kingmudd
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
thats good and bad lol, maybe something I don't know about the hondas with the crush washer? All I know is most all atv and motorcycles say replace them and I never have and have never had a single drop anyone else had leaks?

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda recommends them so I paid the extra 0.25 cents and got them when I got the oil and filters.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!