P1000 Ocala national forest riders

SLSHonda

SLSHonda

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
going to be heading to ONF on Friday with the fam. I’ve never been trail riding there so I’m trying to gather as much info as I can on where to go, where to stay away from, which trails are the funnest. We’re not speed demons, just putting around. TIA

Reactions: russknight
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Yellow trail is probably the widest for our machines and at the bottom of yellow there is a corral to park at and cross the street to a little restaurant. I rode brown trail with @knuckledeep and @Dribbles it was a little tight in spots knuckle and myself have 1000's dribbles has a 700 he even commented on the width. Knuckle and dribbles know the forest much better than I do and rode more trails.

Don't take an aggressive tire that sugar sand will burn down your machine I ran 28in mudlites and stayed on 3 bars and my 5 seater was heat saturated the cage was hot, air from the dash was hot, the seats were a toaster I have the comfort kit done by Honda.

SLSHonda

SLSHonda

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok man thanks for the heads up. And as luck would have it I just put on some itp cryptids for hog Waller in a few weeks.

Reactions: knuckledeep
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I talked to the wife we might come out Saturday and ride the trails we start at the Fort McCoy KOA.

SLSHonda

SLSHonda

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We’re
I talked to the wife we might come out Saturday and ride the trails we start at the Fort McCoy KOA.
rolling out on Friday early. Trying to beat the rain. My wife works on the weekends so it’s kind of hard to get out there. Hopefully I’ll see you out there some time.

Reactions: knuckledeep
JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I are also headed out on Friday. Hopefully see you guys out there. Be safe.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
the yellow traile is the biggest and longest trail if you can head yellow to blue ( Tobacco) is fun ride around blue has some tight spots you can take it south to the brown (pipeline trail) it's more open and hard packed stay away from the sand pit locals have been calling the cops the Rodman dam up north east is pretty cool from red cut straight across the yellow then on far side of yellow turn left to get to Rodman top of yellow sucks stay away.

JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the yellow traile is the biggest and longest trail if you can head yellow to blue ( Tobacco) is fun ride around blue has some tight spots you can take it south to the brown (pipeline trail) it's more open and hard packed stay away from the sand pit locals have been calling the cops the Rodman dam up north east is pretty cool from red cut straight across the yellow then on far side of yellow turn left to get to Rodman top of yellow sucks stay away.
Ok, I’ll try to get a map before we head up. What’s up with the sand pit?

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, I’ll try to get a map before we head up. What’s up with the sand pit?
it's an open pit mine smaller but has a ack made inside locals calling the cops cause of trash and people making lots of extra trails so there bulldozing the non legit trails shut

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!