Michigan riders. Help me find trails & lodging

T

team-longtrack

Mar 12, 2017
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Me and a group are headed to northern lower MI in august. Probably Frederic, grayling, mancelona area. I need help find trailside lodging, and trails that the p1k will fit down (63"). I'll have the family, so just cruising is fine!

Ive explored the area extensively on sleds in winter, but never in the summer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

I wish I had noticed this a few months ago. There are tons of trails in Fredric and Graying. There's a campground just north of the Grayling exit that gets right to a Fredric trailhead. From there you can ride to Kalkaska, Higgins Lake and all the way to St. Helen if you have all day.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wish I had noticed this a few months ago. There are tons of trails in Fredric and Graying. There's a campground just north of the Grayling exit that gets right to a Fredric trailhead. From there you can ride to Kalkaska, Higgins Lake and all the way to St. Helen if you have all day.
Me as well.... what piston said is correct. I have a place in the Gaylord area near Fredric. If you need lodging, I'd say to go to Waters, it's one exit up from Fredric. There's only one waters exit and it's marked as so. Right off that exit go back over the expressway to the very small town and there is a place called the Waters Inn, it's a nice little place and a lot of sled heads go there and hardly knowone in the summer. You should have no problem getting a room. Now for trails, from there your real close to the trails buy my cabin that I ride my P1K5 on "trail #4" nice easy scenic riding. Also your in an area of a hub of trails, including the ones piston mentioned. You can also go to Mich.gov/dnr for free downloadable trail maps. What dates you going up?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!