Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Is this bc of the street legal status or something? I insure all my crap with Allstate and I pay $212 a yr for the P5 with an added $5k for accessories. 🤷‍♂️
In a nutshell, it's treated no differently than a normal car. Liability and property damage are minimums in most states, and he has comp (theft/fire/etc.) as well.

For our three on road vehicles here in MI, if you remove the collision coverage from each of them (which normalizes them with what he has on his buggy), what we pay for liability, property damage, and comprehensive is very close to what he's paying on his buggy: Anywhere from $1200 to $1350 ish per vehicle.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
The inspection person from the state was here today. He hops out of his car and says "show me your vin number". So I show him and he proceeds to clean off a spot and applys the new vin sticker. Basically got back in his car and left. He didn't look at anything at all. He says the new vin will be good by Thursday afternoon. Just need to take a picture of it and go to sos for the new plate. I got a quote from State Farm for plpd and comprehensive insurance for $1332 per year. Full coverage would be $2200 per year. Waiting for one other quote. Our carrier The Hartford won't insure it. It looks like we will be street legal by Friday.
State Farm will let you turn the coverage “on and off” whenever you want. Make sure the other carrier will allow that too.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The inspection person from the state was here today. He hops out of his car and says "show me your vin number". So I show him and he proceeds to clean off a spot and applys the new vin sticker. Basically got back in his car and left. He didn't look at anything at all. He says the new vin will be good by Thursday afternoon. Just need to take a picture of it and go to sos for the new plate. I got a quote from State Farm for plpd and comprehensive insurance for $1332 per year. Full coverage would be $2200 per year. Waiting for one other quote. Our carrier The Hartford won't insure it. It looks like we will be street legal by Friday.

Might want to check with Farm Bureau. My full coverage is $350 a year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Ohio is probably diff. but I have Progressive $100000/300000 + 2k in accessories and pay $159.00 a year. FWIW
Michigan auto insurance is the highest in the country, has gotten better in the last year or so with some reforms but still the highest.

FWIW, region can have an affect on off-road rigs also, I pay around $450/yr combined for both rigs. My buddy in WV got quoted almost $2500/yr for his Canned Ham, I guess they figure he's at a greater risk of rolling it off a mountain. 🤣

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Michigan auto insurance is the highest in the country, has gotten better in the last year or so with some reforms but still the highest.

FWIW, region can have an affect on off-road rigs also, I pay around $450/yr combined for both rigs. My buddy in WV got quoted almost $2500/yr for his Canned Ham, I guess they figure he's at a greater risk of rolling it off a mountain. 🤣
I'm in Michigan and I only pay $368/yr for $500K/$500K liability, $100K property damage, full comprehensive with $188 deductible, and full collision with $375 deductible (total loss coverage), including $7000 of accessory coverage.

But that's not for on-road use (street legal). If the policy was for that, it would be much like what @Jimrm was quoted (and without collision).

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ive used Markel for my 2-UTV’s 2-Sleds and have had other quads and such with them as well. Very reasonable and easy to deal with. Now just like any others with advise, my pricing is being with them for the last 15yrs so my full coverage has dropped and others i have referred are more expensive.

Reactions: trigger and 906UP
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
About the only things Michigan leads the nation in is auto insurance premiums and crime statistics.
And soon to be leading in senseless Gun Control, High taxes, Usless Wind and solar from a state that gets 60 days of sun a year. All Put in place buy Radical woke Left wing women and a very small amount of Panzy men who couldnt change a tire on a car let alone there electric car!
voted in by all the snowflakes of the state!
EF34F35C 6D94 4DB4 B7E6 7CAE8B0F810F

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
And soon to be leading in senseless Gun Control, High taxes, Usless Wind and solar from a state that gets 60 days of sun a year. All Put in place buy Radical woke Left wing women and a very small amount of Panzy men who couldnt change a tire on a car let alone there electric car! voted in by all the snowflakes of the state!
Tell us how you REALLY feel, Remy!

• Haha
Reactions: Remington and 906UP
J

Jimrm

Mar 22, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ended up getting insurance from State Farm. The cost is $713 per year. All other attempts to get quotes were a dead end. I think the price is reasonable. Off to the sos tomorrow for a license plate.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought we had it bad when it comes to insuring toys. I paid $810 for two million liability, All perils coverage, family protection, and accident benefit. My auto insurance company would not cover a SxS, so this is a stand alone policy with no multi-vehicle discount

J

Jimrm

Mar 22, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I need to clarify my State Farm quote. The $1332 quote was for me. The $713 quote is for my wife. Needless to say the insurance is in my wife's name. There is no explanation for the difference. We are the same age and no tickets or accidents in many years.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!