Reactions: Biteme
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you mean on a trailer or flat towing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

R

rickoshea

assuming you mean flat tow,i don't see why not.usually the car being towed is acting as the main brakes,don't do that.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm a bit confused your saying just pull the sxs down the highway with a tow bar, no trailer no dolly.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Usually it's the Pioneer doing the towing!

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Biteme and bigshoe
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Personally I don’t see it as a good idea but I’m sure it would be okay for a few times at low speed.

really could put unnecessary wear and tear on all the drive drain.

a trailer is pretty cheap in comparison.

@Mopower58 could sell you some madramps for sure!

B

bobapplegate

Oct 14, 2020
panam
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm a bit confused your saying just pull the sxs down the highway with a tow bar, no trailer no dolly.
it’s pretty simple. i live way off the pavement. i need to tow my pioneer in to town using a tow strap to put it on a truck to transport it to a shop

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
it’s pretty simple. i live way off the pavement. i need to tow my pioneer in to town using a tow strap to put it on a truck to transport it to a shop
Would it not be easier to have the truck come pick up the Pioneer?

I've towed plenty of things out of the woods, but that's with another person usually sitting in/on said vehicle steering and applying brake when needed. I think the confusion here is coming from the lack of information in regard to your situation. Are you planning to flat tow it (like you would a car behind an RV?) or are you planning on hooking a tow strap to the thing and have someone steer/apply brake while you tug it into town (like you were pulling a broken down machine out of the woods...)?

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im not sure what your laws are in your state. but here u get into more trouble pulling something down the highway with a strap than u would just driving it.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Im not sure what your laws are in your state. but here u get into more trouble pulling something down the highway with a strap than u would just driving it.
Looking at his location, I think he's in rural Colorado and will be on a county road. I don't think the local LE will care if he's 'strap' towing a vehicle short distances. We can't plate SxSs here and some LE gets real b****y about driving them on county roads - it all depends on the local practices.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sucks we can legally run up to 15 miles to trail heads,food,gas, or lodging on any road. But I have been pulled over for towing with a tow strap down the highway and they made us wait on a tow truck.

Reactions: Biteme and CID
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
of course, but will i damage the running gear .?
Ok, I’ve gotta ask, why are you wanting to pull it behind another vehicle? Does it not run? Can you not get a trailer to the buggy? Are you worried about driving it on the road? But to answer your question, it should be fine if you put in neutral. And as always, pics or it didn’t happen.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!