P1000 Pulling/towing p1000 behind tractor

S

spencerolson1

Jul 31, 2022
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all,
I have a 2022 1000-5 I got last year and was hoping to get some feedback from anyone that has done this. I have a tow bar set up for pulling this behind a tractor so I have some transportation between fields if needed or a ride home at night. I have yet to use it because every dealer I have called has told me they have asked Honda this question but never get a solid answer from them. So was hoping someone had some experience or knowledge if it can be done or the best way to do so.

Thank you!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello all,
I have a 2022 1000-5 I got last year and was hoping to get some feedback from anyone that has done this. I have a tow bar set up for pulling this behind a tractor so I have some transportation between fields if needed or a ride home at night. I have yet to use it because every dealer I have called has told me they have asked Honda this question but never get a solid answer from them. So was hoping someone had some experience or knowledge if it can be done or the best way to do so.

Thank you!
Welcome from South Florida

First post man, gotta put up a picture of your buggy!!.... POIDH 😂

How long of distances are we talking here? All day non stop towing or just to and from different fields?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
every dealer I have called has told me they have asked Honda this question but never get a solid answer from them.
🤣 Typical!
Just put it in neutral and your good.
There was also a thread on this. Use the search up top to find it.
You still need to post pics tho! ;)

S

spencerolson1

Jul 31, 2022
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes I need to get a pic uploaded, I will work on that!! It would normally be only a few miles with the occasional 10-15 mile trip so pretty short trips.

So with the sub trans in neutral, theoretically it should work just fine with the slash lubrication.

Snapchat 459021020 Snapchat 536121762

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes I need to get a pic uploaded, I will work on that!! It would normally be only a few miles with the occasional 10-15 mile trip so pretty short trips.

So with the sub trans in neutral, theoretically it should work just fine with the slash lubrication.

View attachment 386820 View attachment 386825
Yeah, SHOULD be fine. No different then if you broke down and got towed back to camp/truck. Obviously just make sure you are in neutral and turf mode just to be safe. I'd say you're good 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 386820 View attachment 386825
Nice rig and pics! Love it!
Like @JenElio AKA jennay said
You should be fine! 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!