Riding around gatlinburg?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A friend of mine wants to take me and the wife to gatlinburg for a week or so. Is there any good riding close to this?

@windrock @Delton @drfubar

Tagged you guys since you live over there. Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Not a lot of public trails around Gburg but plenty of road riding thru the park and around town. Several places in town rent SxSs now so you see them all the time. I work for the City of Gatlinburg, give me a shout when your up. When we ride we just go to Windrock, only about an hour and a half away. Actually planning on camping there this weekend.

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a lot of public trails around Gburg but plenty of road riding thru the park and around town. Several places in town rent SxSs now so you see them all the time. I work for the City of Gatlinburg, give me a shout when your up. When we ride we just go to Windrock, only about an hour and a half away. Actually planning on camping there this weekend.

We are coming the week of Christmas to New Years. Was going to tow the sxs up there if there was some easy nice stuff to ride.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would bring it with me, good chance there will be plenty of snow to play in as well! It would be nice to ride through Cades Cove, just stay on the trail.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Don' all vehicles have to be street legal in National Parks roads? I know here the they do.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Don' all vehicles have to be street legal in National Parks roads? I know here the they do.

Yeah the rentals are all tagged, turn signals ect. Probably not to the letter of the law but the rangers or GPD do not hassle them. Now if yours isnt tagged or meet TN requirements they could cause some trouble.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Here is TN requirements , not sure how they treat utvs tagged in other states.
Screenshot 2017 05 18 14 12 30

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah the rentals are all tagged, turn signals ect. Probably not to the letter of the law but the rangers or GPD do not hassle them. Now if yours isnt tagged or meet TN requirements they could cause some trouble.

My brother is a Tennessee resident. We’ve talked about him registering my machine in his name. Not sure what the downside to that would be... all I need it turn signals and a horn to be legal. I could do that easily...

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No street legal sxs,utv or atv's

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is for a medium speed vehicle. TN now has a class 1 which better suits the SxS. Higher speed, etc.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
That is for a medium speed vehicle. TN now has a class 1 which better suits the SxS. Higher speed, etc.

I never went with the class 1 because your not supposed to be on state highways, and that's what runs thru my town. And the road thru Gatlinburg and out 321 is as well. Really either one would probably be fine, as long as your not acting stupid, they won't mess with ya.

I bet if you would call one of these rental places around Gatlinburg they could tell you what is required of them, and what local law enforcement says.

I didn't mean to turn your thread about where to ride into a legal thread, sorry.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!