Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
View attachment 321478
One of the hidden views of the UP. West of mass
The lower peninsula snowmobile trails that are old rail trails (at least all of them that I know of) are NOT open to ORVs. In the spring-fall, they're open to bicycle and pedestrian traffic only.

Basically, if it's long and straight for miles and miles, it's a rail trail and you're not allowed. Again, Lower Peninsula only.
Lots of power lines in the lower to run

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Michiganboy said:
View attachment 321478
One of the hidden views of the UP. West of mass

That looks almost like Marquette Mountain:
25  from the top of Marquette Mountain

We found that the snowmobile trail takes you into the back-side of the entrance to get to the top.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lots of power lines in the lower to run
Some, not too many. You have to watch out, cuz most of them are privately owned and only open for snowmobiles. Our cabin is in the Gaylord Lewiston area and we took some of our trails to power lines to get to certain areas we did on our sleds and Negatory! Denied! Many many if not all of them.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
it's a rail trail and you're not allowed
Yeah, trail #7 from Grayling to Macinaw is one of the old rail road beds. We take that with our sleds at least once a year. but the bastard is closed to ORV’s for the 2 wheel peddle bikers and skinny shorts:rolleyes:

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Yeah, trail #7 from Grayling to Macinaw is one of the old rail road beds. We take that with our sleds at least once a year. but the bastard is closed to ORV’s for the 2 wheel peddle bikers and skinny shorts:rolleyes:
You can thank Fred Meijer, years ago he offered the state cash to upgrade the rails to trails, paved some of them, in turn the state turned them into "Linear" state parks

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Is the trail on your image above, where the marker is- on a hill already? Then your comment of "Just head up from there" mean taking the trail to the right? or going to the "Y" intersection to the left and then heading north on that trail?

My group did a lot of riding in the Bergland, Bruce Crossing, Trout Creek, Paulding area. Trails were mostly rail-to-trail and snowmobile trails, therefore nothing challenging. So we ended up waterfall chasing. We've been talking about going back to that area, so might ride north to Mass City and find your spot.

This June we are headed to the Keweenaw. Going to go see this view again:
55  closer view of lake to the south of Brockway Mt

Top of Brockway Mountain. You can ride ATV's up it from Copper Harbor, then back the same way to C.H. Thanks to the Keweenaw ATV Club!

M

Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Is the trail on your image above, where the marker is- on a hill already? Then your comment of "Just head up from there" mean taking the trail to the right? or going to the "Y" intersection to the left and then heading north on that trail?

My group did a lot of riding in the Bergland, Bruce Crossing, Trout Creek, Paulding area. Trails were mostly rail-to-trail and snowmobile trails, therefore nothing challenging. So we ended up waterfall chasing. We've been talking about going back to that area, so might ride north to Mass City and find your spot.

This June we are headed to the Keweenaw. Going to go see this view again:
View attachment 323458
Top of Brockway Mountain. You can ride ATV's up it from Copper Harbor, then back the same way to C.H. Thanks to the Keweenaw ATV Club!
The mark is where the trail for the view T’s into the main trail. Then it’s a 5 minute advanced Hill climb South to the view. Im pretty fearless and i was uneasy about a few 50’ sections. I tackled it in a X3 but I think I could make it in the Pioneer. I wouldn’t try it if it was raining that day. The trail Y’s both lead to good views.

M

Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
The mark is where the trail for the view T’s into the main trail. Then it’s a 5 minute advanced Hill climb South to the view. Im pretty fearless and i was uneasy about a few 50’ sections. I tackled it in a X3 but I think I could make it in the Pioneer. I wouldn’t try it if it was raining that day. The trail Y’s both lead to good views.
84CC58DD C88B 428E 8972 A647927CFBF9
116CE6F7 C98C 46F2 BCC7 63E834E1885F

The markers are the two views.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!