Riding Wildcat 22&23

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Posted this a while back with one of the tunnels (not THE tunnel though) and some of Jurassic near the end.

The thing about wildcat is a some of the (for me, at least) more interesting "features" you see on YouTube are actually off of their property. Like the tunnels or Calahan falls. There are signs up all over the place about staying off of railroad property or crossing the tracks. YMMV!

There are also marked, signed trails that weren't on the latest map I got about a year ago...which isn't a big deal to me.

That rock at 9:16 is where my photo was take! Great video- always amazes me how it never does the size of anything justice tho (hills, rocks, etc)

Reactions: sharp
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
where is that tunnel located ? I have not seen that one.
If you ever been to Caleb's tunnel...the one that supposed to be haunted, it's like a mile further south on the railroad tracks. In this video, I started across the creek bottom of Beaver Creek trail. I turned right at the RR bed, but left would take you to Caleb's tunnel.

Reactions: sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Like @Choogsbro said, just a different sectionof the park.

Totally agree with @DG Rider, most of the pictures you see online are not actually on the property. The guy in the main building pointed us towards the long tunnel, but recommended that we didn't go beyond that to the waterfall. He said the trails get super sketchy and I've had some pretty bad injuries there in the last year. Also you're on railroad property at that point, so it becomes a little more complicated. That being said I'm sure people are still riding back there, that's just the schpeal he gave us.

The other cool thing to hit is a huge uphill that overlooks the lake when you get to the top. It might be called wildcat peak? I forget. Sketchy hill but pretty views.
It's called the dome I think.
IMG 0766

Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Last minute and I’ve never been there, but my expectations aren’t high... some local buddies and I are riding Wildcat next week. We’ll be in late Thursday night and ride Friday and Saturday... if anyone is around there feel free to join. I plan on bringing the sxs and the dirtbike. So it will be entertaining!
Some of our crew are suppose to be at Wildcat on the 23rd. I have been there, shortly after it opened. Liked it. There looks to be a lot more riding now. They are having a trail clean up gig that day. Hope it doesn't cause a lot of congestion.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I've also seen trail camping. Many times we've had a fire at night and roasted some hotdogs on the trail.

Reactions: BWAF, sharp and JTW
J

JTW

Good.. I saw the quiet hours on the website for the campground.. but I didn’t know if that meant no night riding.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Good.. I saw the quiet hours on the website for the campground.. but I didn’t know if that meant no night riding.
Not sure what time quiet time is or how late I've ridden but it's never been a problem in the past.

Reactions: BWAF, sharp and JTW
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well hell good for him. That's awesome !!! Hope he is at TO. Father-son memories are definitely the best. I have many and below is my favorite from 2013. Me,my dad, my son and my brother. I'm the fat guy. Lol.
View attachment 108607
Man I'm jealous... cant think of many places I would rather spend afew hours than titletown. I've never been but hope to one day! Awesome pic and trip I'm sure

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
J

JTW

Uhhhhhh, I’ll let these pics speak for my experience..

My buddies didn’t want to “ride”... they wanted to do the 5-30 club. Wildcat is a great place to go to ride for 5 minutes and then stop for a beer for 30... there were a couple spots that were decent as far as difficulty but nothing worth making the trip for. At least for me... why drive 3 hours when I can drive 4 and be in east TN. There were a few scenic spots and the train tunnels were cool... so if you want to drink and putt around or take the family on some easy trails... it’s fine. If you like to ride more than you like to talk about riding... skip it. I tried getting in the front and picking up the pace... but it wasn’t about me this trip. And that’s not what they wanted to do... take special note of the total time and the moving time! Then look at our average pace and and what was covered in that time frame. Easy to cover that place in a half day. The best trail looks to be the CSX property loop and they weren't game for that.
F8570AFA E6A5 4F2D AA90 DC0E0F2FCC7B
F79374EE 97F8 4B6E A48D FEE04E733728

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My buddies didn’t want to “ride”... they wanted to do the 5-30 club. Wildcat is a great place to go to ride for 5 minutes and then stop for a beer for 30... there were a couple spots that were decent as far as difficulty but nothing worth making the trip for. At least for me... why drive 3 hours when I can drive 4 and be in east TN. There were a few scenic spots and the train tunnels were cool... so if you want to drink and putt around or take the family on some easy trails... it’s fine. If you like to ride more than you like to talk about riding... skip it. I tried getting in the front and picking up the pace... but it wasn’t about me this trip. And that’s not what they wanted to do... take special note of the total time and the moving time! Then look at our average pace and and what was covered in that time frame. Easy to cover that place in a half day. The best trail looks to be the CSX property loop and they weren't game for that.
View attachment 110496 View attachment 110495

Exactly the kinda of brutally honest and fair assessment I have come to expect from @JTW :mad:

Less curse words and sexual innuendoes than I had hoped for...:D...

Reactions: JTW and Mudwing
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

View attachment 110496 View attachment 110495
Spot on description of Wildcat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!