Rim size

J

Jimdandy

Jul 15, 2018
Caldwell Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Confused about wheel size. Accidentally bought 14 inch tires and now need 14 inch rims. Tire size is 27x9x14 and 27x11x14. Stock tires are 27x9x12 and 27x11x12. What size rims do I need for the 14 inch tires? Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Same rim size front and back with 11" rear and 9" front tires? 14x7 4/137 5-2 rim size? So dang confusing!
Stock 12 inch wheels size are, fronts are 6.5 inches wide and the rears are 8 inches wide. I'm pretty sure the deluxe 14 inch wheels are the same width. U need to find some deluxe wheels, which are kinda easy to find and cheap. Or u can get 14 inch wheels with a 5-2 offset but u wheel be somewhere around 2 inches more narrow in the rear. U can run it that way with no issues but if u want it to track the the same front to rear, u will need 1 inch spacers in the rear. Also thats gonna make your overall width a little wider. Which in turn is gonna make u want mudbusters to keep from slinging mud into the cab. Thats just my experience.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Stock 12 inch wheels size are, fronts are 6.5 inches wide and the rears are 8 inches wide. I'm pretty sure the deluxe 14 inch wheels are the same width. U need to find some deluxe wheels, which are kinda easy to find and cheap. Or u can get 14 inch wheels with a 5-2 offset but u wheel be somewhere around 2 inches more narrow in the rear. U can run it that way with no issues but if u want it to track the the same front to rear, u will need 1 inch spacers in the rear. Also thats gonna make your overall width a little wider. Which in turn is gonna make u want mudbusters to keep from slinging mud into the cab. Thats just my experience.
Well what i said is kinda wrong. You're going back with stock width tires so I'm not sure how it would track. I was basing my statement off using the same width tires on the front and rear. The easiest thing for you to do is buy some deluxe 14 inch rims and with the tires that u have, everything will be the same as stock.

J

Jimdandy

Jul 15, 2018
Caldwell Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well what i said is kinda wrong. You're going back with stock width tires so I'm not sure how it would track. I was basing my statement off using the same width tires on the front and rear. The easiest thing for you to do is buy some deluxe 14 inch rims and with the tires that u have, everything will be the same as stock.
Thank you for the advice, I will probably go that route. I like the idea of the taller 14" tires.

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you for the advice, I will probably go that route. I like the idea of the taller 14" tires.
You will be the same height over all. The rim size does not give you height it just adds/subtracts from your side wall. 27" tires are 27" tires, don't matter if the rim is 12" or 14".

J

Jimdandy

Jul 15, 2018
Caldwell Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will be the same height over all. The rim size does not give you height it just adds/subtracts from your side wall. 27" tires are 27" tires, don't matter if the rim is 12" or 14".
See, I knew I was confused 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So if I buy new wheels, would you guys suggest bead lock or no bead lock? Quite a difference in price!
Depends on what/where u'll be riding......or if you just want them for looks, nothing wrong with that. Bead locks allow you to run the tire at really low air pressure by "locking the bead" of the tire to the rim.

Reactions: Jimdandy