BOX1

P1000 ripHST's Work Buggy Build

ripHST

ripHST

Feb 27, 2017
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get a SPDT switch have the ignition come to one side the battery come to the other and the common pole be connected to the relay.

So you can chose on/off/ignition.
I considered that, but thought it would be nice to power up with the ignition, but have a switch to power up also if needed....seemed simpler to me at the time. But I guess having the dual throw switch would allow me to keep the power off if I wanted. I don’t have a DT switch right now so I may try the above first, but the more I think about it, the more I like your suggestion better.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I considered that, but thought it would be nice to power up with the ignition, but have a switch to power up also if needed....seemed simpler to me at the time. But I guess having the dual throw switch would allow me to keep the power off if I wanted. I don’t have a DT switch right now so I may try the above first, but the more I think about it, the more I like your suggestion better.

You could get a ON/ON switch instead of an ON/OFF/ON OTRATTW.net has both. They will even customize it to say whatever you want the rocker to say.

Reactions: ripHST