ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a week out of town and working on my neighbors popo 570 yesterday(He has a deposit down for the first available Talon).

I finally got around to cleaning the harness bars up and painting them.

I REALLY like them, I also had not had a chance to mess with the shocks. With less preload I was able to actually utilize the three settings on the Fox keeping them at Medium now as a nice comfy ride, where as before soft was all I could bear.

Anyway in the midst of testing the shock settings and preload the harnesses were really nice. If it got really rough they’d lock like they should but allowed me free upper body movement the rest of the time. They kept me in place without locking up too much it was more than I expected honestly.

I was hoping they would tighten down enough for my 4yo to ride in front but the lap belt wont quite tighten down on her. So I am NOT putting a third on in the middle but I will probably add two to the rear when she is big enough to not need a car seat.

EC757FE8 514D 4F2D BAB0 936F8471A843
Pretty welds

52FEFD6A 56E8 434F B16C 6D051D561C02
7F1D2DDB 4187 42D5 8609 0A0FF2AF37AE

@JTW you’ll like the retractable harnesses.

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a week out of town and working on my neighbors popo 570 yesterday(He has a deposit down for the first available Talon).

I REALLY like them, I also had not had a chance to mess with the shocks. With less preload I was able to actually utilize the three settings on the Fox keeping them at Medium now as a nice comfy ride, where as before soft was all I could bear.

Anyway in the midst of testing the shock settings and preload the harnesses were really nice. If it got really rough they’d lock like they should but allowed me free upper body movement the rest of the time. They kept me in place without locking up too much it was more than I expected honestly.

I was hoping they would tighten down enough for my 4yo to ride in front but the lap belt wont quite tighten down on her. So I am NOT putting a third on in the middle but I will probably add two to the rear when she is big enough to not need a car seat.

View attachment 92805
Pretty welds

View attachment 92806
View attachment 92808
I like the short bar looks good.Nice idea

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the short bar looks good.Nice idea

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Short bar was only option a clamp in bar set the retracts in a place so they wouldn’t work. If it was me welding it in I wouldn’t have tried it but with snuff doing the welding i was down for it.

A normal harness works just fine with a clamp in bar.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I finally got around to fixing the a-arm holes, a member who I’d call a good friend a spectacular machinist, made me some pieces to thicken the mounts and trap the head and washer of a specific grade 10.1 bolt.

Top is mine.
Middle is factory new.
Bottom is the custom setup.
View attachment 91134

DON’T forget to trap the a-arm or you’ll be messing with the CV joint.
View attachment 91136

I ground the face clean of paint and mud cleaned all the oil off and then bolted everything back up. Then tacked the new washer in.
View attachment 91135

Time to cool and a little tractor implement paint later...
View attachment 91137

View attachment 91138
I realized I never added a picture of the hole in the bushing I added some there was no way for the marine grease to get to the bolt, but found it when I was looking for my old video of the slack.

Before with original bolts and maybe somewhat worn bushings.

After with new bolts and new bushings.

Now the only slack I have in the front end is the steering rack bushing...which probably got a lot of extra wear due to the movement of the a-arms.

Nice work! I noticed a little movement in mine the other day and thought about doing what you did! I attempted to remove the bolt from the top arm and it seemed to be seized so just left it for the time being.

Do you have better pics or descriptions of the added reinforcement?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice work! I noticed a little movement in mine the other day and thought about doing what you did! I attempted to remove the bolt from the top arm and it seemed to be seized so just left it for the time being.

It’s just that “washer” that is on the last bolt.

The bolt head and nut sit down inside the “washer”.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

Resized 20180909 133213

Resized 20180909 133239

20180920 231305

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 92805
Pretty welds

View attachment 92806
View attachment 92808

That looks great!

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks great!

I won’t stop giving @snuffnwhisky the credit for the metal work it’s light years beyond what I could have done.

All I did was run across some parts that would work, get them for a decent price, and have a vague idea of where to put them. Anyone can rattle can some bare metal.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I won’t stop giving @snuffnwhisky the credit for the metal work it’s light years beyond what I could have done.

All I did was run across some parts that would work, get them for a decent price, and have a vague idea of where to put them. Anyone can rattle can some bare metal.
Yeah I guess he's good at something... he sure gets stuck alot though!

J

JTW

View attachment 92805
Pretty welds

View attachment 92806
View attachment 92808

No.... I love it!!