P1000 Rocker switch and panel help!

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, i'm kind of stuck at the moment. I bought the PBR switch plate but I do not like their switches. Ive heard that the OTRATTW switches do not fit. Im not sure what switch will fit. Does anyone have any advice on what switches will work? I would like good quality switches. If i have to purchase a different switch plate i will. Also, they have 5 pin and 7 pin switches. Whats most people using?

Last edited:
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Go on BookFace and look up Honda Pioneer Switch Panels and Accessories. Justin Beatty’s panels are good quality and they fit the OTRATTW switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can only say I bought OTW Switch guys due to the unique construction and resistant design to vibration and water. I bought the style where the text lights up with key on and the symbol lights up with activation.

They give you a free tool to change switch plates and one or two extra switch bodies as spares.

I dealt directly with James on the phone. Very nice and super easy to order exactly what I wanted.

My installer just cut a plate for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can only say I bought OTW Switch guys due to the unique construction and resistant design to vibration and water. I bought the style where the text lights up with key on and the symbol lights up with activation.

They give you a free tool to change switch plates and one or two extra switch bodies as spares.

I dealt directly with James on the phone. Very nice and super easy to order exactly what I wanted.

My installer just cut a plate for me.

I will give them a call today. They have the widest variety of switches and look to be good quality.

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will give them a call today. They have the widest variety of switches and look to be good quality.
Look over the website choices and the meaning of the text vs symbol being on in what situation and what symbols are available.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, i'm kind of stuck at the moment. I bought the PBR switch plate but I do not like their switches. Ive heard that the OTRATTW switches do not fit. Im not sure what switch will fit. Does anyone have any advice on what switches will work? I would like good quality switches. If i have to purchase a different switch plate i will. Also, they have 5 pin and 7 pin switches. Whats most people using?
I have this PBR switch plate and OTRATTW switches and they fit. The PBR switch plate that comes with switches may be different.

Reactions: DrShotgun
Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have this PBR switch plate and OTRATTW switches and they fit. The PBR switch plate that comes with switches may be different.
I bought a switch plate with no switches from PBR. I read on here that the OTRATTW switches wont work. I don't know man. Maybe i should just order the switches and see if they fit. If not, order a switch plate that does. Damn, i think i just figured out how to solve my problem lol.

Screen Shot 2020 11 06 at 120612 PM

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought a switch plate with no switches from PBR. I read on here that the OTRATTW switches wont work. I don't know man. Maybe i should just order the switches and see if they fit. If not, order a switch plate that does. Damn, i think i just figured out how to solve my problem lol.

View attachment 233849
Well I was looking at that link I posted and its not a PBR panel. The panel i have in my 3 seater is the exact same panel and I did order it directly from PBR. My OTRATTW switches work in it also.

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
D

Dron_jones

Oct 8, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a PBR panel and OTRATW (sp?) switches and I can confirm that they fit. That being said I find the PBR panel to be pretty flimsy and the finishing quality (cuts, paint/power coat) are pretty poor. I’d be happy if I knew of an alternative, don’t mind paying for quality.

advertisement
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I bought a PBR panel and OTRATW (sp?) switches and I can confirm that they fit. That being said I find the PBR panel to be pretty flimsy and the finishing quality (cuts, paint/power coat) are pretty poor. I’d be happy if I knew of an alternative, don’t mind paying for quality.

Justin Beatty’s panels are a lot better quality in my opinion. I wrote out how to find him in a post above.

D

Dron_jones

Oct 8, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Justin Beatty’s panels are a lot better quality in my opinion. I wrote out how to find him in a post above.

Thanks i actually saw your post after I posted my reply. Appreciate it and just placed an order with him.

Reactions: K9Paco
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ll second this. Justin’s panel fit the otr switches great. If you can give up the cup holders that’s the way to go.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
They will fit.. ✌🏼🕷
ED992C85 0DC9 482C 99A3 7A83962336B2

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone! I went ahead and ordered the switches from OTW. I made this post based off what i read from other post about how they wont work. I probably should have just ordered them first to see but I had a lot of great suggestions on here. I will keep everyone updated on the project.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!