P500 Roll cage - rear bar diameter

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm on the road for the week and I need to know the diameter of the roll cage bars behind the headrests. I want to order a Ram Mount and I'm wondering if the handlebar size would fit. Can one of you do me a solid and measure that bar?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm on the road for the week and I need to know the diameter of the roll cage bars behind the headrests. I want to order a Ram Mount and I'm wondering if the handlebar size would fit. Can one of you do me a solid and measure that bar?
Is this RAM Mount for a...Go Pro? o_O

D

Deleted member 3748

Is this RAM Mount for a...Go Pro? o_O
It could be, but while I was reading threads I saw someone post that they were going to use their Kodak Sport until it died. I already have a Kodak Sport, so I got the RAM Mount with the tripod mount instead of the Go Pro mount. When I get a Go Pro, I just have to get the $10 mount ball thing. I had the Kodak mounted to my flag mount, but it was sideways. Seemed okay because the display flipped sideways too. But the videos did not. They're really narrow and almost all of my soft top... from the inside.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It could be, but while I was reading threads I saw someone post that they were going to use their Kodak Sport until it died. I already have a Kodak Sport, so I got the RAM Mount with the tripod mount instead of the Go Pro mount. When I get a Go Pro, I just have to get the $10 mount ball thing. I had the Kodak mounted to my flag mount, but it was sideways. Seemed okay because the display flipped sideways too. But the videos did not. They're really narrow and almost all of my soft top... from the inside.
Cool...looking forward to some video!

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Cool...looking forward to some video!
I got lost today and on my way out I passed a hill, but didn't have time to check it out. Once I was thoroughly lost and low on fuel I had to head home. When I passed the hill a second time, I gave it a run. I think it's steeper than it looks in the video, but maybe not. Davy Sprocket walked up it with ease. I have an hour of video from this trip... still no RAM mount though.

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

So you already got one ordered? I just got one that was for a 1"-1.5" bar I could get a link for you if you want
Yep. And when I went to Amazon to get that link above it said it was delivered yesterday. o_O I went and checked and there it was! I already installed it but the first two trial runs were a bust. It doesn't like being close to the windshield. The camera seems to pick up the windshield moving and the video shakes a lot. I'm going to put it on the rear roll bar and see if that helps. If not, then it's my camera.

Reactions: Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!