ROLL CALL - How far did you travel for Takeover?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Would you feel any different if I told you I used to be a trucker? 😆 The distance/time doesnt really bother me that much, lol. The wallet doesn't agree with me tho...

But when/wherever the next one is, definitely need a p5-only group ride.
You did great, P5 ride only, HA! You will miss all the good trails! HA!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just. Damn. Very sweet rig, btw.
Thank you sir
It has taken a LONG time to get to this point. We started with a ground tent over 25 years 🏕
If @Hondasxs asked me i would do it whenever he needed. I have acquired so many great friends and new family members through this forum that I could never repay it.
Should be home before dark today!

Should note that the rig averaged 7.2 MPG with cruise set at 68 MPH. Approximately 40k total weight.

Last edited:
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
67842EC4 DF54 4651 804F 21E71CF38CDC

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
I hear that! More respect to you for the OTR work. I used to feel so much more confident than I do now around the rigs. Used to, the best damn drivers on the road were y'all. Seems to be changing, IMO.
Your totally right there. I quit about 6 years ago, cuz it screwed up my knee, ankle, and back. But my trainer had been trucking for 40 years. Back then, all the new guys got at least a few weeks or a month of seat time with a vet that knew and could teach all kinds of tips and tricks, safety etc.

They mostly all retired during the last cpl years, now the new guys get a few weeks of training with somebody thats only been behind the wheel for a couple months at best.

But the industry is desperate for drivers. I'll admit I'm tempted to go back, could probably start at 90+ thou a year, but my knee is so messed up, some days i can hardly walk.
Several hours a day in rush hour traffic for years with a heavy truck clutch is really bad for your knee it turns out. 🤷‍♀️

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Jealous, wish could’ve been there this year.
Hoping fuel drops back down some next year but afraid with this administration it won’t do anything but go up. Figure 1800 in fuel right now with my truck. Was just shy of 5k miles round trip when made it a few years back after detour picking up friend, rough straight through but it was worth it. Lots of good people. Really want to make the trip again!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!