ROLL CALL - How far did you travel for Takeover?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You guys were hauling ass heading north! I was trying to dodge all the wood falling off that semi. Lol.

I was hoping I didn't scare the sh** out of you when I honked? I knew it was you from quite a ways away, a 520 with a spare mounted that way. But yeah, give me a clear lane and we're going to make time.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
290 miles one way from Springfield Ohio.
Is it just my imagination or where the trucks running a little slower with diesel hovering around the $6 mark?
When towing my 17' enclosed trailer I set the cruse for the speed limit.
This way most of the traffic hast to work around me and I just hold my lane.
But this weekend it seamed like I was passing a lot of trucks on the flat.

Had a great time riding with the p5 guys and gals, Thursday over to the prison and Friday down to Jellico area.

advertisement
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
290 miles one way from Springfield Ohio.
Is it just my imagination or where the trucks running a little slower with diesel hovering around the $6 mark?
When towing my 17' enclosed trailer I set the cruse for the speed limit.
This way most of the traffic hast to work around me and I just hold my lane.
But this weekend it seamed like I was passing a lot of trucks on the flat.

Had a great time riding with the p5 guys and gals, Thursday over to the prison and Friday down to Jellico area.
I set the cruise at 65mph and just camp out in the right lane. I managed 14mpg round trip doing this which seems reasonable. If I try to run 70mph, my MPG drops to about 11. The Gladiator hates wind resistance.

Thanks to everyone for the great week.
@Hondasxs and @Tramguage1 and anyone else involved in organizing this.

@lee, @trigger, @futzin, @KYgal83, and your SO's for the fun ride Friday.

Thanks to @TripleB and everyone else for making sure I didn't go rolling down the mountain Friday night.

Thanks to @JACKAL for the expert guiding. It's always appreciated and entertaining.

Can't wait till next year.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
ROLL CALL: How far did you travel for Takeover?

This was my first time attending the Takeover, and definitely not my last! I was very fortunate to have a very short drive (or ride) to reach the event, but would love to hear where everyone was from and what your travel time was. I will start things off:

Kentucky - One hour - 50 miles
10 miles, 15 minutes 🤣

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Oh the horror!!

967 miles each way, to just west of Minneapolis, MN. 14ish hours (only halfway home as of this posting)
Truck + the p5 I'm right on about $1000 in gas for this vacation, lol.

Well, if you drive your truck like you do your P5, then . . . 😆
Seriously, much respect to you and to ALL that came such distances for this. I once did 10 hours each way for a boat raft-up at Table Rock Lake, so I kinda understand what's involved. But damn, we had fun at that one too!
That reminds me, how about a Poker Run next year? And a big ass/little ass P5 group ride . . .

I tried to meet as many P5 folks as I could, but I know I missed a few. I didn't meet near enough of the owners of the bigger machines, kinda running in different circles so to speak. @The Green Goat ('Thrasher') didn't have this problem! @Ridinfool told me on Wednesday there was a 2 beer admission to his camp . . . told him I'd see him again on Sunday! And why was the Minion grounded this year??

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Well, if you drive your truck like you do your P5, then . . . 😆

Would you feel any different if I told you I used to be a trucker? 😆 The distance/time doesnt really bother me that much, lol. The wallet doesn't agree with me tho...

But when/wherever the next one is, definitely need a p5-only group ride.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I set the cruise at 65mph and just camp out in the right lane. I managed 14mpg round trip doing this which seems reasonable. If I try to run 70mph, my MPG drops to about 11. The Gladiator hates wind resistance.

Thanks to everyone for the great week.
@Hondasxs and @Tramguage1 and anyone else involved in organizing this.

@lee, @trigger, @futzin, @KYgal83, and your SO's for the fun ride Friday.

Thanks to @TripleB and everyone else for making sure I didn't go rolling down the mountain Friday night.

Thanks to @JACKAL for the expert guiding. It's always appreciated and entertaining.

Can't wait till next year.
To be truthful, I wasn't 100% you could make that line but you did lol.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Would you feel any different if I told you I used to be a trucker? 😆 The distance/time doesnt really bother me that much, lol. The wallet doesn't agree with me tho...

But when/wherever the next one is, definitely need a p5-only group ride.

I hear that! More respect to you for the OTR work. I used to feel so much more confident than I do now around the rigs. Used to, the best damn drivers on the road were y'all. Seems to be changing, IMO.

Be safe, and tell the lovely Q we said Hi! Really hope to see y'all again soon. hallic, now 'Madman' . . .

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!