ROOF ISSUES

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
Just picked up a Pioneer 700-4 today! I also bought the hard top right away but didnt have it installed (factory top). So we got home and I figured I would throw the hardtop on before we went for a little spin. Well Im not sure whats going on. It seems like the bolts on the top of the roll cage for the driver and passenger netting wont allow it to seat properly. :oops: I could force it down over them but then i couldnt get the back to seat properly. I even tried loosening the middle clamps that adjust front to back. Finally after I struggled with it for an hour I said screw it Im going for a ride!!!!! Any ideas? Am I missing something??? Thanks in advance!

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Congrats on your new ride! The roof is tight- my hard roof seats on top of those bolts. Bothered me when I first installed, now I don't even notice it.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do not tighten any of the clamps until you have all of them on. Than tighten the middle ones first. The top really does fit nice, you will like it a lot.

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
idahohntr said:
Congrats on your new ride! The roof is tight- my hard roof seats on top of those bolts. Bothered me when I first installed, now I don't even notice it.

Thanks! When you say seat does that mean the top covers them or rests on them? I was have some serious issues to the point where I thought my roll cage could be tweaked! Does anyone have some close ups of this area they could post?

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
I'm no pro but I forced my roof over the bolts u r talkin about. Didn't like it. Studied pulling the bolts no no. Made me some marks on the roof got out the dremel it fits perfect . Cause I was putting on doors next. My wife w as not happy when she seen me cutting on roof . It's not real noticeable . Congrats on new pioneer .

J

jleierer

Feb 5, 2014
add ons

I ordered 1a 700-4 with windshield and a single top
Should I get the back top as well as a winch ?
we do some mountain trails

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
Thanks for the pictures! I will give it another go tomorrow. It got the best of me today, I justed wanted to take it for a ride!!

advertisement
TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
It took the wife and I about 30 minutes to install it the first time. Had it off to install the glass windshield and put it back on by myself, took a little more time by myself.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I was able to get mine over the bolts sticks out a little but fits fine. And keep the clamps loose until you get all of them over the tubes.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
That happens to me and the wife say's WALK AWAY! because she knows how I get when things just doesn't go right.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TandT said:
That happens to me and the wife say's WALK AWAY! because she knows how I get when things just doesn't go right.

You're wife sounds a lot like mine!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!