P1000m5 Roof Rack for P1000-5

K

kemnitzeod

Dec 11, 2016
Sierra Vista AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I debated about a roof rack vs the hardtop. After going elk hunting with 2 adults and 2 kids, a spare tire, weapons, rucksacks and a 2 wheel big game cart, I decided I needed a roof rack. I had one built of 1 inch aluminum, I used GSpower 175 roll bar clamps to mount the roof rack. I topped the roof rack with 1/2 inch plywood. Being in AZ, I don't deal with a lot of rain, so a plywood top works for me. I now have room for my off road bumper jack, spare tire, big game cart, and if I want to I can sit on top of this with a spotting scope. For the price, $700 vs a factory hardtop, I think I came out ahead on the deal. Enclosed are some pictures of what it looks like.

100 1442 100 1444 100 1446

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Very nice. I did one too, but it's pretty basic.

advertisement
B

BryanHeard55

Apr 6, 2016
Elko,Nevada
I debated about a roof rack vs the hardtop. After going elk hunting with 2 adults and 2 kids, a spare tire, weapons, rucksacks and a 2 wheel big game cart, I decided I needed a roof rack. I had one built of 1 inch aluminum, I used GSpower 175 roll bar clamps to mount the roof rack. I topped the roof rack with 1/2 inch plywood. Being in AZ, I don't deal with a lot of rain, so a plywood top works for me. I now have room for my off road bumper jack, spare tire, big game cart, and if I want to I can sit on top of this with a spotting scope. For the price, $700 vs a factory hardtop, I think I came out ahead on the deal. Enclosed are some pictures of what it looks like.

View attachment 28261 View attachment 28262 View attachment 28263
Do you think you could just attach a rack like this over the poly roofs?

HGJENKINS

HGJENKINS

May 24, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this post is years old but just in case....

hows that rack working out over time? Anything you would do differently?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!