P1000 roof

Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 2191
Made my roof out of some scrap wood I had in the garage and exhaust clamps, I painted it and then sprayed it with flex seal to protect the wood from the elements. I keep it outside all year around in Buffalo,NY! I know it doesn't look the greatest, but I was going on a trip over thanksgiving weekend and my Honda roof got put on back order twice and it wasn't going to arrive on time so I came up with this quick fix. It held up so well, I decided to cancel the order on the roof and just keep this one.

IMG 2192 IMG 2192

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 265788Made my roof out of some scrap wood I had in the garage and exhaust clamps, I painted it and then sprayed it with flex seal to protect the wood from the elements. I keep it outside all year around in Buffalo,NY! I know it doesn't look the greatest, but I was going on a trip over thanksgiving weekend and my Honda roof got put on back order twice and it wasn't going to arrive on time so I came up with this quick fix. It held up so well, I decided to cancel the order on the roof and just keep this one.

View attachment 265787 View attachment 265789
Will you rhino liner coat it....?

Reactions: ChadD
Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will you rhino liner coat it....?
honestly never thought of that, I just used flex seal because it was quick and I can easily grab a can from the local hardware store. I do like the idea though, I can grab one of those bed liner kits and apply that easily!

Reactions: ChadD
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
honestly never thought of that, I just used flex seal because it was quick and I can easily grab a can from the local hardware store. I do like the idea though, I can grab one of those bed liner kits and apply that easily!
Scuff the plywood good before applying it, and the more you keep it out of the weather the better, but regardless, it’s something that will need renewing....

Reactions: Marc1991 and ChadD
O

Olmoparnut

Feb 26, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 265788Made my roof out of some scrap wood I had in the garage and exhaust clamps, I painted it and then sprayed it with flex seal to protect the wood from the elements. I keep it outside all year around in Buffalo,NY! I know it doesn't look the greatest, but I was going on a trip over thanksgiving weekend and my Honda roof got put on back order twice and it wasn't going to arrive on time so I came up with this quick fix. It held up so well, I decided to cancel the order on the roof and just keep this one.

View attachment 265787 View attachment 265789
Necessity is the mother of invention!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!