P1000m5 WTB Roof Mount Brackets

T

Traderquinn

Sep 25, 2021
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't seem to find roof mount brackets anywhere for my P1000-5.
Mine are rusted out from saltwater.

20211029 221146 20211029 221152 20211029 221237 20211029 221306

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks like the ROPS is rusting out as well!
try an alien shade and ditch the roof Or make some out of aluminum.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not gonna ask you how you got salt water up and in there. Ah what the heck, how'd you get salt water up there?!

It may be possible to save the brackets if they are still mechanically strong. Phosphoric acid will change the rust from ferrous oxide (rust), to ferric phosphate. Dilute phosphoric acid (called rust converter etc) is available at most hardware stores. It is also called metal prep and is used to acid etch aluminum prior to painting.

T

Traderquinn

Sep 25, 2021
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not gonna ask you how you got salt water up and in there. Ah what the heck, how'd you get salt water up there?!

It may be possible to save the brackets if they are still mechanically strong. Phosphoric acid will change the rust from ferrous oxide (rust), to ferric phosphate. Dilute phosphoric acid (called rust converter etc) is available at most hardware stores. It is also called metal prep and is used to acid etch aluminum prior to painting.
Too much rust to save them. I bought the rig from an agency that used it as a beach patrol vehicle, so it spent all day splattering salt water up all over. I know, sad.
I'm replacing the entire frame, and most of the hardware in it. I just can't source the roof mounting brackets anywhere.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Aluminum would be ideal. I don't have the time or know-how to do it myself. I'd rather order something that fits just right. Can't seem to find a source.
Just go to the hardware and buy some aluminum flat stock. If u have a vise or even channel locks you can bend it easily. Take the bracket‘s off u have, take your time and mimic the design. Good time to learn! There a first time for everything ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!