P1000 Rough shifting after first service

N

Nickanto

May 29, 2019
Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I performed the first service on my new Pioneer a few nights ago. I was one of the lucky ones and had a very smooth shifting unit from when it was brand new. After changing the oil and filters it seems to shift much more clunky and loud. I’ve only ran it about 4 miles since doing the service. Will this smooth out after a few more miles or should I be concerned? Thanks in advance!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Probably, but that is backwards from the typical way it normally works.
Agree, Most quiten down after breakin.
You didnt say how many miles/hours you have.
Also, not that I am questioning your skills, Just so many of the following issues from people and dealers too for that matter.
You did drain both locations?
and DID NOT drain the sub-trans my mistake?
Also, change both filters or only 1?
Oil level good and using the proper check procedure?

N

Nickanto

May 29, 2019
Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree, Most quiten down after breakin.
You didnt say how many miles/hours you have.
Also, not that I am questioning your skills, Just so many of the following issues from people and dealers too for that matter.
You did drain both locations?
and DID NOT drain the sub-trans my mistake?
Also, change both filters or only 1?
Oil level good and using the proper check procedure?

Yes I drained from both locations and changed both filters. I added a little over 6 quarts of oil and ran for 5 minutes and waited 3 minutes to check level. The oil level was actually high so I removed a small amount to get the level right at the top hash mark on the dipstick. I'll have to check the hours, but I was right at 110 miles when i did the service.

N

Nickanto

May 29, 2019
Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I drained from both locations and changed both filters. I added a little over 6 quarts of oil and ran for 5 minutes and waited 3 minutes to check level. The oil level was actually high so I removed a small amount to get the level right at the top hash mark on the dipstick. I'll have to check the hours, but I was right at 110 miles when i did the service.

Would having too much oil in the machine cause rough shifting?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would having too much oil in the machine cause rough shifting?
I haven't heard about DCT shifting rough with too much oil but I have heard that it's hard to move the shift lever with too much oil in the sub trans so ya never know....

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At 100 miles I changed both filters,engine and sub trans oil. I refilled with 10w-40 Honda oil and has got quieter ever since. Did you refill the sub transmission?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!