RRB to WINDROCK Overland Adventure 2017! - Public Thread.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
20170922 173005

No, it wasent @JTW that went sideways first!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Man I haven't heard anything outta @JTW I think he stopped when he heard banjo music. Gawd awful squealing halfway up Dragonsback.

He hasn't been so silent on forums since getting to restock the women's shoes at payless.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Instead of an Overland Adventure it's looking more like Homers Oddessey. Started out at 4PM with 15 SXS only 5 made it up Dragonsback by dark, after 2 hrs waiting went down Widowmaker to staging truck and trailer. Waited 4 more hrs. Only 1/3 distance covered to Eternal Flame as of 10:30 PM. in hope of having a "group ride" proving to be logistically problematic.

Gonna be a long weekend for some.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Instead of an Overland Adventure it's looking more like Homers Oddessey. Started out at 4PM with 15 SXS only 5 made it up Dragonsback by dark, after 2 hrs waiting went down Widowmaker to staging truck and trailer. Waited 4 more hrs. Only 1/3 distance covered to Eternal Flame as of 10:30 PM. in hope of having a "group ride" proving to be logistically problematic.

Gonna be a long weekend for some.
LOL, enjoy

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
LOL, enjoy
As much as you try to be a good host in your backyard, sometimes you have to let natural selection run it's course. I had a good rest in bed, getting ready to go back out and see if they made it to the camping spot. Pretty sure one machine needs trailered, with 2 broken axles and a tie rod. So I heard.

Widowmaker is getting really bad, nearly every trip it is claimed a victim or two. Still it's down hill, a little cautionary judgment in picking the right line BEFORE DARK helps tremendously and going gently is your only savior. Start bouncing and parts start popping, not so sure the lifts and arched A-arms aren't proving to be too much for these stock axles under maximum articulation.

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As much as you try to be a good host in your backyard, sometimes you have to let natural selection run it's course. I had a good rest in bed, getting ready to go back out and see if they made it to the camping spot. Pretty sure one machine needs trailers with 2 broken axles and a tie rod. So I heard.

Widowmaker is getting really bad, nearly every trip it is claimed a victim or two. Still it's down hill, a little cautionary judgment in picking the right line BEFORE DARK helps tremendously and going gently is your only savior. Start bouncing and parts start popping, not so sure the lifts and arched A-arms aren't proving to be too much for these stock axles under maximum articulation.
Yeah, this was a given...lol. Just hope everyone stays safe. I've ridden with ya big guy... I know you are a good host..;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
As much as you try to be a good host in your backyard, sometimes you have to let natural selection run it's course. I had a good rest in bed, getting ready to go back out and see if they made it to the camping spot. Pretty sure one machine needs trailered, with 2 broken axles and a tie rod. So I heard.

Three of my busted axles during the 2017 Takeover occurred while in 4 Diff lock in situations really not requiring it and not while climbing! I would bet some on the nights carnage occurred similarly.

The 4th was due to trying to limp back to camp with a bent tie rod! It's definitely a learning lesson traversing new terrain, and the conditions being faced on this Overland Adventure are some of the most challenging which I have ever faced! With that said, I'd do it again in a heart beat;) I hope the Devils elbow is part of this adventure:eek:

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Group needs to split up. 15 machines is too many to handle with a long adventure.
Also, Jackal has been saying the tough areas have gotten worse since last year.
Hopefully they will get regrouped and get a plan together today.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I know JTW broke a tie rod and 2 axles. That stopped the forward progress from the group from what I heard. Not sure on any other details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:eek:Wow! I am starting to think @JTW is gunning for my 2017 carnage trophy from the takeover! On my first day I only lost one axle and one tie rod! He always has to try to out do everyone:confused:;)

advertisement