RRB to WINDROCK Overland Adventure 2017! - Public Thread.

J

JTW

Me and @sugarray (a-arms but stock everything else and loaded down with people's stuff), my buddy Kalem on his stock 400 Kodiak, @JACKAL, @Kilo427 @Windrock1000 @Cuoutdoors all had combinations of tires , shocks, and arms. made it initially. We all made it down, with little more than skid plate damaged.

Dragons Back and Widowmaker are two tough trails, but a careful, slow, controled line 100% of the time and it's doable with little less than cosmetic damage, but miss the 1% and they can earn their names.
Yeah.. I had much better luck with them when my rig was stock. And it sure felt/was tippy this time around. Of course there was a ton of weight back there, but between the lift, shocks, weight and keeping the stock width. I was struggling on some obstacles. Add a broke rear and then front axle and it was a biotch! I won't say I didn't play my part in the screw ups, but damn.. two totally different experiences in 5 months time. I can't help but think @JACKAL isn't partially right on his modification theory.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. I had much better luck with them when my rig was stock. And it sure felt/was tippy this time around. Of course there was a ton of weight back there, but between the lift, shocks, weight and keeping the stock width. I was struggling on some obstacles. Add a broke rear and then front axle and it was a biotch! I won't say I didn't play my part in the screw ups, but damn.. two totally different experiences in 5 months time. I can't help but think @JACKAL isn't partially right on his modification theory.

To be clear I wasn't saying I did it perfectly. A broken clock is right twice a day.

What I was trying to say was, they CAN live up to there name if you aren't on your game 100%.

Break one thing and on a tough obstacle it can be a domino effect.

J

JTW

To be clear I wasn't saying I did it perfectly. A broken clock is right twice a day.

What I was trying to say was, they CAN live up to there name if you aren't on your game 100%.

Break one thing and on a tough obstacle it can be a domino effect.
Oh I know that.. I'm just agreeing and forewarning. Most all of us were working on stuff last minute and installing this and that and it doesn't give time to fine tune things. I should have gone wider when I went up.. I hadn't noticed it too much when the suspension was stock and I didn't have it loaded to the gills. But add weight and make the ride softer and I had issues on some stuff.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me and @sugarray (a-arms but stock everything else and loaded down with people's stuff), my buddy Kalem on his stock 400 Kodiak, @JACKAL, @Kilo427 @Windrock1000 @Cuoutdoors all had combinations of tires , shocks, and arms. made it initially. We all made it down, with little more than skid plate damaged.

Dragons Back and Widowmaker are two tough trails, but a careful, slow, controled line 100% of the time and it's doable with little less than cosmetic damage, but miss the 1% and they can earn their names.
Hey! I made it down too with zero damage!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey! I made it down too with zero damage!

Sorry that was just the first 5 I had to look at pictures to remember everyone's usernames, it was awesome to put names to faces and use your Christian names instead of interwebs secret identities.

I know there were several that were trapped by the carnage and while @joeymt33 took a nap on his side.

advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I swore Joey said "here you go kilo" not "don't go kilo" before I ran off in 5 damn foot of water!! LOL I'm glad my snorkel is at the roof, the hood wouldn't have been high enough. Unfortunately my phone in the center console was not high enough lol...

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry that was just the first 5 I had to look at pictures to remember everyone's usernames, it was awesome to put names to faces and use your Christian names instead of interwebs secret identities.

I know there were several that were trapped by the carnage and while @joeymt33 took a nap on his side.
No doubt. It was great to meet all of you too. Too many damn Dave's too!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot a pic. Guess who's rig.

IMG 20170923 140040252

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It's still in there, just got in and myself cleaned up, I'll have to get everything unloaded and cleaned up tomorrow after work.

@Tramguage1 PM me your address and I'll get it out this week.
It' actually @JTW tent. But if there is any damage I want to replace it and the you can send it to me. It' up to him.
Thanks Again for hauling my stuff all weekend.
What color did Kalem decide on!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 0646
Plane is here in Atlanta and officially ends our trip south. 7 hours sleep in four days so from this point home sounds ok but had a good weekend miss everyone already.
@Tramguage1 how you coming over in Nashville?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 54710
Plane is here in Atlanta and officially ends our trip south. 7 hours sleep in four days so from this point home sounds ok but had a good weekend miss everyone already.
@Tramguage1 how you coming over in Nashville?
Here at the gate, having COFFEE!!!!!
Was f'ing AWESOME having a shower and a good couple hours sleep.

advertisement