RRB to WINDROCK Overland Adventure 2017! - Public Thread.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
20170924 113945
20170924 124720

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
J

JTW

I am changing my name :D
@Tramguage1 and @knuckledeep is changing your axle :mad:
View attachment 54621
When you're already pissed off about damage and you have guys jump in and take care of it without hesitation or asking.. it sure does take the edge off an already bad situation. I don't like having to ask for much and with these guys you don't have to! I look forward to being able to return the favor although I hope I don't have to for their rigs sake!

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it's still in o'hana rig if you don't find it let me know I'll send your check thank you very much JT

I will have to look in a few hours, were heading south. I still have everything strapped down. PM me your address and I'll send it to ya.

If I find anything else from anyone else I'll ship it too.

Joey may just need to create a list a found.

2331c96e2c9665e5fe709625c0fbb856

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had a great time. Yeah there was some bad luck but trail side repair is pretty cool when everyone comes together we use all our knowledge and tools. It's makes great friendships and is half the deal with this sport. This trip made memories some good some bad. But we can all laugh about it at the takeover!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It got a broken axle, they left it at camp, I went and picked up CP & wife today after dropping of @lee with the group at Eternal Flame which they didn't get to until 4:15 AM today.

I just got in after 127 miles today myself, 50 of which getting everybody situated before the group hit the trails.CP road all day with me, good times had by all.

Big thanks to @Windrock1000 and his logistical support. Had pizza waiting on us for supper.
@JACKAL thank you for all hospitality. I'm sure many know but you can handle a Sxs! It was a blast riding along with you and many others. Everyone was great and all of my family was taken care of by this great group. My daughters first trip south was the best experience for her she can't stop talking about everyone. From the bottom of my heart thanks to everyone that were so generous and kind. This site has the best people.
Special thanks to hondasxs for starting such a great place for us all to converse and Snuff for letting tear up that beast. And he was right about me rolling lol Was the smoothest double barrel roll I've ever seen, landed on all four and drove away unassisted. Almost looked like I meant to do it. I didn't though!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
As much as you try to be a good host in your backyard, sometimes you have to let natural selection run it's course. I had a good rest in bed, getting ready to go back out and see if they made it to the camping spot. Pretty sure one machine needs trailered, with 2 broken axles and a tie rod. So I heard.

Widowmaker is getting really bad, nearly every trip it is claimed a victim or two. Still it's down hill, a little cautionary judgment in picking the right line BEFORE DARK helps tremendously and going gently is your only savior. Start bouncing and parts start popping, not so sure the lifts and arched A-arms aren't proving to be too much for these stock axles under maximum articulation.

All those parts don't seem to bother Traveller! My axles are made from unbreakium!!

I am still curious which 5 machines made the climb, who broke axles, and all the other carnage related details;)

Well over 2000 miles on that type of terrain and I've yet to bend a tie rod or break an axle. Now I've had water in the diffs and torn many CV boots.

Now for saying that, I'll probably break both backing off the trailer!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
All those parts don't seem to bother Traveller! My axles are made from unbreakium!!

Well over 2000 miles on that type of terrain and I've yet to bend a tie rod or break an axle. Now I've had water in the diffs and torn many CV boots.

Now for saying that, I'll probably break both backing off the trailer!

The difference is sitting behind your steering wheel.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL there is something brown on your nose:confused:
No it's true, just like days of thunder we got our own P1K Cole Trickle's

Harry Hogge: I can't talk to this son of a b****... I can't talk to that son of a b****... I just can't... I can't... I... I...
Tim Daland: You think he can drive?
Harry Hogge: Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else. If the sum' b**** listened to me we wouldn't hardly ever lose a race.

So if we can teach members not to drive beyond the limits of the CV joints, axles, & Tie rods we'd hardly have a slowdown. :D

advertisement