Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just for s***s and giggles. Just so happen today to be replacing a standby rotor and stator 20kw that was overloaded. Customer said "worked fine for about a year!" The house had 4 ac's and not load shedding hooked up to the transfer switch. 2,500$ repair for someone that didn't know what they were doing
C5a8c70f0a35f351fefe7f86b2bbd98e296c4b056e52b1780110307c19a00bba

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just for s***s and giggles. Just so happen today to be replacing a standby rotor and stator 20kw that was overloaded. Customer said "worked fine for about a year!" The house had 4 ac's and not load shedding hooked up to the transfer switch. 2,500$ repair for someone that didn't know what they were doing
View attachment 48705View attachment 48706

Wow looks crispy... we're basically full elec, with well pump, and got load shedding on a 20kw but the only time it sheds anything is if my wife tries to fire up the dbl oven while both HPumps, HP WHeater, and dryer are running. It's #5 module and gets shed PDQ since it's a 10kw draw alone.

Those ACs draw some juice. We were gonna go 100% offgrid solar but the battery storage for the HPs was ridiculous.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow looks crispy... we're basically full elec, with well pump, and got load shedding on a 20kw but the only time it sheds anything is if my wife tries to fire up the dbl oven while both HPumps, HP WHeater, and dryer are running. It's #5 module and gets shed PDQ since it's a 10kw draw alone.

Those ACs draw some juice. We were gonna go 100% offgrid solar but the battery storage for the HPs was ridiculous.
Ac is really tough. Up camping our bus can sustain continued use practically forever with stereo lights microwave and everything electrical without use of genny with the exception of a/c. We got tired of the noise and expense of running the house gen in our other motorhome so this was built to be efficient off of solar.
We only even bring gen with on hot weekends when ac is needed for young kids because there is plenty of power with multiple inverters. Took some doing but well worth the quiet free power

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just hoping that the one generator will be enough and that I won't have to go out and buy or purchase the other Honda generator. At least not for now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm just hoping that the one generator will be enough and that I won't have to go out and buy or purchase the other Honda generator. At least not for now.
That gen will stay up with a 5000btu no problem. You'll be able to stay up with your house batt at the same time with the onboard inverter. Probably run in eco mode doing it. Ours has ran way more! Efficient and small will be perfect for a camper. Why bring a big load gen that chews through gas when it's not needed? Especially with limited room. Go enjoy:)

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

You'll be fine. Just make sure you warm the generator with no load in it before hooking up and turning on the ac.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!