Sabine ATV Park

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Took the family over to Sabine this past weekend. It’s only 2 hours away from the house and the only quick “day trip” place around so I wanted to check it out. My concern initially before I went was if it was just going to be a huge mud bog but it wasn’t this weekend. My understanding is that it was a little drier than normal. 99% of the trails were passable without really getting into deep ruts and having to pick your way through. I had to turn around a couple of times due to tough climbs and knowing the family wouldn’t be to comfortable with the climb. I only had to turn around one time due to a real nasty rut/mud hole that I wasn’t confident that I could make it through without getting stuck. We were out off the beaten path by ourselves without a winch, lol. The wife was nervous quite a few times about getting stuck and having no way to get out. Hey, it helps me get my winch. As you can see in the picture, there is a nice sand bar along the river you can drive out on to when the river is low enough. There are plenty of areas to test out your snorkel if you want. We are a trail riding family and would prefer that over the mud holes but this could work for our local day trip place.

Home

IMG 4098

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Took the family over to Sabine this past weekend. It’s only 2 hours away from the house and the only quick “day trip” place around so I wanted to check it out. My concern initially before I went was if it was just going to be a huge mud bog but it wasn’t this weekend. My understanding is that it was a little drier than normal. 99% of the trails were passable without really getting into deep ruts and having to pick your way through. I had to turn around a couple of times due to tough climbs and knowing the family wouldn’t be to comfortable with the climb. I only had to turn around one time due to a real nasty rut/mud hole that I wasn’t confident that I could make it through without getting stuck. We were out off the beaten path by ourselves without a winch, lol. The wife was nervous quite a few times about getting stuck and having no way to get out. Hey, it helps me get my winch. As you can see in the picture, there is a nice sand bar along the river you can drive out on to when the river is low enough. There are plenty of areas to test out your snorkel if you want. We are a trail riding family and would prefer that over the mud holes but this could work for our local day trip place.

Home

View attachment 79027

That looks like a great spot! Beautiful picture

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
0cd073f57aae388b4363d908371f5b54

91cde4658e81d98728aae7d7ead800d1

More Sabine Pics. Ferried some friends out to the sand bar while a buddy and I rode around. You gotta watch out for the river though. The last pic was the water rising after they opened the dam up river.

Reactions: Tramguage1
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
I live about an hour away from that park. The Sabine rivers a great place to be but your right,when they start generating the river comes up in a hurry. You can call (409) 565-2273 and they will tell you when they will be opening up the gates

Reactions: K9Paco
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've only been to Sabine 3 times because we don't play in the mud holes, however there are some decent trails to be found mostly on the west side. With low river level the sandbar is HUGE! Impressive elevation changes for the area too.

We are a trail riding family and would prefer that over the mud holes but this could work for our local day trip place.

Good statement! This is us! We like fast, challenging trails. That's why we go to Arkansas. We mostly ride at Sandstone in Louisiana because it's the best trail in the state and only 2 hours away from home.

Reactions: K9Paco
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Well, the family part has dwindled off really. Now it’s probably gonna be just me most of the time. They liked Wolf Pen but not Moccasin Gap/Mack’s Pines. I’m planning on going to the take over by myself so I can have some fun.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
We went to Mount Magazine Arkansas April 2019 and will return 2020. Nice lodge and many more trails than Wolf Pen. Magazine was a good trip. Last year just my family and in-laws with 4 machines to check out the trails. This year 14 machines so far!! Friends, family and coworkers!! Should have applied for a group rate on rooms! Some trails were technical and some were fast but all were fun!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Is Sabine mostly a bunch of mud? It's about a 4 hour drive for me but I'd rather not drive around mud holes all day. Any pictures or videos from past trips showing the trails?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Made in video in August 2019 I'll get uploaded for you. It was HOT!! that day!! Doesn't represent the better trails that well but it will give you an idea.

We don't like mud all day either so we avoid the huge mud spots. We are constantly on the lookout for a good trail in the woods. Most of the trails are sandy.

Reactions: Adam490
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
No problem. If the weather turns bad then we probably won't get to go, but as of now several of us are going Saturday. If you can make the 5th, others will be there. I'll be in Houston.

It's about 1.5 hour drive for me. Sabine is not my top of the list place to ride but it's open and the park rangers won't be harassing us!!

Reactions: Adam490
Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone heading to Sabine this weekend? We’re making a day trip Saturday to meet up with friends that are camping.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Nice lodge and many more trails than Wolf Pen.
That’s just amazing to me, guess I need to give it another look. I can’t imagine that Mt. Magazine would have more trails than WPG....🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Anyone heading to Sabine this weekend? We’re making a day trip Saturday to meet up with friends that are camping.
Have Fun!!!!👍

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
That’s just amazing to me, guess I need to give it another look. I can’t imagine that Mt. Magazine would have more trails than WPG....🤔

Our evaluation of the magazine trails included riding at Wolfpen almost every year since 1998. The wolfpen trails have reduced overall miles and for the most part turned into roads. Fourche Mountain still has rugged trails but less miles than wolf pen. So with that considered, we would rather go to magazine for the trails. That trip was a great one.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Our evaluation of the magazine trails included riding at Wolfpen almost every year since 1998. The wolfpen trails have reduced overall miles and for the most part turned into roads. Fourche Mountain still has rugged trails but less miles than wolf pen. So with that considered, we would rather go to magazine for the trails. That trip was a great one.
Like I said, I need to give it another look. It’s close too. I agree with you that WPG’s trails have mellowed with time...

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Going to Sabine this weekend, if anyone is out there were camping in C 2

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!