P1000 Safety flags

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A lot of areas around me require flags on UTVs. I bought a flag mount that I intend to put on the rear of the cage and am looking for a flag. I see they come in 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 whips. Which size do I want? I’m thinking the smaller one so it is more flexible. Also how high above the roof do people usually run these? If I get a 6’ whip I can adjust the mount to have the flag probably 3’ above the roof or higher. Lastly I assume that they are flexible enough that rather than removing it I can just pull it down and secure it when towing or parking in the garage right?

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
meanmachine19

meanmachine19

May 1, 2020
Northern Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like you, there are areas around me (here in AZ) that require flags. Although I don't necessarily want to run with them all the time, I was looking for places to 'store' them inside the pioneer. Thinking of using some type of pole clips to mount inside under the roof (angle the pole). I'll be buying a whip pole this week and see what I can find for mounting. I don't want to drill into the plastic roof.

Reactions: Isaiah
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You can tuck them under the rear of the roof if you've got the Honda Hardtop roof. Lot of guys run their whip LED's like that when in the woods.

meanmachine19

meanmachine19

May 1, 2020
Northern Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can tuck them under the rear of the roof if you've got the Honda Hardtop roof. Lot of guys run their whip LED's like that when in the woods.
Thanks. I was wondering if they use any kind of clips to hold them in place. I do have the Honda hardtop roof.

meanmachine19

meanmachine19

May 1, 2020
Northern Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Bad_bowtie , you just tuck your whips under the rear roof overhang right?
I actually haven't bought one yet, will be in next day or two. But I was curious if it should be disconnected or if it would interfere with rear passengers as well.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
@Bad_bowtie , you just tuck your whips under the rear roof overhang right?

I did my original 5' Amazon whips but when I ordered the Boogers, I ordered either 30" or 36" I believe. They are shorter than the roofline.

Edit: look to be 30" or a little shorter

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Eric, did you have those whips at the secret takeover?

Yep, sure did. Guess I've had them a year or so now.

Are you about ready to make another trip up here to ride? Had a blast riding with ya. Next time we'll try some of the rougher stuff 🤣

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, sure did. Guess I've had them a year or so now.

Are you about ready to make another trip up here to ride? Had a blast riding with ya. Next time we'll try some of the rougher stuff 🤣
Oh sh@t, I passed out when I read your question. I would love to go back to RRB soon but I am not sure if I have fully recovered from the last trip. Rougher stuff? ROUGHER STUFF? Maybe after some better tires and a set of SATV offset control arms and a lift, maybe! I did have a blast hanging out with you fellows. One of these days y'all will venture to Mena, AR and we can meet back up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!