Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just received in the mail a RECALL from Honda for “loose or mis-installed throttle body to engine connection”

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Check the hose clamps going from air box to intake. Make sure they are tight and aligned correctly.

Reactions: BWAF and TimG
GerryC

GerryC

Sep 6, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the hose clamps going from air box to intake. Make sure they are tight and aligned correctly.
That's simple enough. However the recall notice states "loose to mis-installed throttle body-to-engine connection". That suggests something greater than the air box hose clamps.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's simple enough. However the recall notice states "loose to mis-installed throttle body-to-engine connection". That suggests something greater than the air box hose clamps.
The wording makes it sound more complicated then it is. Just check to make sure the intake hoses are tight, super simple. There is a lot of movement on the engine during operation and if those clamps aren’t tight the hose can likely come off the intake.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
can you show me a picture of where this is at.air box to intake clamps.
I don’t have pic handy someone else might but it’s clamps at the intake of the engine leading in from the airbox

Reactions: BWAF

68xlch

Nov 1, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have pic handy someone else might but it’s clamps at the intake of the engine leading in from the airbox
thanks i will trace the hoses down and check the clamps. did you have to take any pannels off to do that

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You do have to take the engine cover off. Not sure what else.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!