Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I got mine yesterday also. I called my dealer and said it was essentially a fuel pump rebuild. Something about a washer or gasket. Truthfully I didn't pay that much attention. He said he would have the mechanic check to see if they had one in stock and would also order some in the meantime. He also mentioned it is a 3.9 hour job, according to his check from Honda's site. The letter I got said parts and labor were all covered.

s/f Steve

H

HondaTech

I got mine yesterday also. I called my dealer and said it was essentially a fuel pump rebuild. Something about a washer or gasket. Truthfully I didn't pay that much attention. He said he would have the mechanic check to see if they had one in stock and would also order some in the meantime. He also mentioned it is a 3.9 hour job, according to his check from Honda's site. The letter I got said parts and labor were all covered.

s/f Steve

Thats BS, the Talon is the most labor intensive and still only pays an hour or so.
Why do dealers lie?

advertisement
wolf359

wolf359

Nov 23, 2019
Appalachia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just recieved this letter as well but my dealer replaced the whole fuel pump assembly back in the spring when I was in for the other recalls. They keep any PUD or recall items in stock. Fuel pump, steering knuckle and parking collar all together took less than an hour.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I never got the recall, guess I'll call the dealership and see what's going on. Thanks all

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

A

aspire

Sep 14, 2020
ottawa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2020 Pioneer 1000 and want to do this recall work myself. However I don't want to buy the whole fuel pump assembly ~$180. Is there a kit to upgrade or anyone know the part numbers to order?

Reactions: rtn001 and Lady01
mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First of all, this is not a “recall”. This is a product update. This is important and the difference is huge. A “Recall” is a safety related issue and a recall never expires. Dealers must repair “recall” issues on a machine regardless of age, condition, ownership, and other factors. On the other hand, a “product update” is voluntary by the manufacturer and the scope of the repair is limited to a specific time period. While a product update is usually less serous, it is important that you act within the allotted time period to get the repair done. Once the “product update” expires, you are likely out of luck for the repair. On the other hand, a recall is theoretically “forever”.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!