P500 Same size tires all-around?

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Man these tires performed flawlessly today! Didn't really hamper my get up and go and they have a lot of grab! I really like them so far. Would definitely buy again!
Looks good! Glad everything worked out. I was initially torn between the Grim Reapers and the Ripsaws when I bought aftermarket tires. Those pics let me know that either choice would have been fine. Looks like they will serve you well.

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Exactly what I was thinking. I understand the rotation element but a spare is just a spare. Only needs to get me back to the trail head. Height should be the same but width? Hey Fish Bum, where'd you find a front factory wheel?
Had a buddy buy a p-500 and replace the wheels so I picked one of them up from him. He sold the others on Craig's list I wanted all 4 but he misunderstood my text and had already sold the others before I got back to town. I was surprised he was able to sell the. Individually so fast, I think they wanted the tires more then the rims since he took the tire off the rim I got and sold it with the others.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had a buddy buy a p-500 and replace the wheels so I picked one of them up from him. He sold the others on Craig's list I wanted all 4 but he misunderstood my text and had already sold the others before I got back to town. I was surprised he was able to sell the. Individually so fast, I think they wanted the tires more then the rims since he took the tire off the rim I got and sold it with the others.
I have all four of the stock wheels that I'll be selling. I looked into it and can get an OEM wheel from Rocky Mountain for $50. Wanting a spare but don't really know where to mount it. Could mount it to back of bed that I built but don't want to cover tail light. Any ideas guys?

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I usually have my trailer/meat wagon behind me and the spare goes in there. When I don't I strap it to the back of the roll cage on top of my cargo box.....makes it a pain to get into the box but it is doable.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I usually have my trailer/meat wagon behind me and the spare goes in there. When I don't I strap it to the back of the roll cage on top of my cargo box.....makes it a pain to get into the box but it is doable.
Yeah I thought about doing that too. Would totally block my line of sight out of the rear on mine. Thanks for throwing it out there though.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
where can I get some 1" spacers for the rear? I'm runing 27" x 9" on all 4 using stock rims but the rear is narrower than the front buy 2" and I don't want to go wider than 50" wide. That's why I want 1" spacers . Any help out there?

Reactions: Stoney
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
where can I get some 1" spacers for the rear? I'm runing 27" x 9" on all 4 using stock rims but the rear is narrower than the front buy 2" and I don't want to go wider than 50" wide. That's why I want 1" spacers . Any help out there?

Check out Super ATV.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW I have 4 identical wheels, and while I do use spacers on all 4 corners to gain width overall I like having the front wider than the rear. That way if I fit the front wheels between the trees or rocks the back will fit with less drama. Also, skinny wheels and tires will keep your overall width down.

IMG 2526

Reactions: Stoney and 500oneer
RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I'm ending my experiment running BH original 26x9's on all corners. Just returned from riding 90 miles over 3 days in the Rio Grande NF. My wife was having panic attacks when the P5 leaned on some of the narrow the side hill trails. I have decided to go with 26x12 BH originals in the rear to widen the stance. The weight and performance penalty will be offset by better stability and ride. Need a tough tire for the jagged rocks we have out here. The BHs wear like iron so I'll be living with the decision for a long time.

C

Chooglin

1 1/2" spacers will give you the same results for alot less $ and weight!

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I agree. Forgot to mention I already have 5+2 ITP wheels on it. Weight was a factor in my initial decision to go with 26x9s all around. I'll use the rears as spares for the front. Some posters have mentioned the extra weight not being a problem...we'll see.

Reactions: Chooglin
K

Kahkon

May 12, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, I just pulled the trigger on new tires and wheels, Black Water Evolution's 27x9r-12 all the way around.

I went with 12" ITP Delta Steel Wheels because it was only rims I could find that did a 5-2 off set for front and a 4-3 offset for rear with a 110 bolt pattern. This should put width on front and back close to 53 to 54 inches.

I bought them from Pure Off Road. They don't list the 4-3 in a 110 bolt pattern on their web-page, you have to call them.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
I really like the idea of the same size, front and rear. Unfortunately, if using the stock wheels you won't be able to rotate.

You could buy ITP Delta steel rims (since you don't want aluminum) with the same offset front and rear, and then you would be able to rotate them since they would have the same width and offset. If you went this route, you would end up wider though. That is an issue if you ride restricted trails, or intend to haul in a pickup. For me, the extra inch of width would be an advantage. But I can't justify spending the extra cash on new rims at this time. You can run the same size radials, and they will have the same height even with different width rims front and back. @JACKAL has posted about this. He is running the same width all around and measured the height, and the front and rear match.
What's the reason you wouldn't be able to rotate with the same size on stock rims?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What's the reason you wouldn't be able to rotate with the same size on stock rims?

The offsets are different front and rear. You could swap them side to side, but not front to back.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!