P1000 same tire size front and rear

P

pgregory

Sep 18, 2017
lafayette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can the same tire size be run front and back without causing any problem in 4wd?
thanks in advance...greg

Reactions: Remington
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can the same tire size be run front and back without causing any problem in 4wd?
thanks in advance...greg
Yes,
In fact most people do it to rotate tires front/rear plus being able to use a spare at either location.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That’s exactly what I’ve had since 16’. And yes, makes it easier for spare

Reactions: Hondoman
D_M_A71

D_M_A71

Mar 3, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for single size tires as well. Located in AZ with hard pack, rocks and street legal. I’m looking at the Terrabites right now but looking for advise for single size. No plans for lift or any other suspension mods. My thought is 28x10x14, should I be concerned about rubbing going up to 28’s with no mods? Is there a better tire for my conditions? Thanks guys.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for single size tires as well. Located in AZ with hard pack, rocks and street legal. I’m looking at the Terrabites right now but looking for advise for single size. No plans for lift or any other suspension mods. My thought is 28x10x14, should I be concerned about rubbing going up to 28’s with no mods? Is there a better tire for my conditions? Thanks guys.
Should be fine with 28s. The terrabites seem to be a well rounded tire for most conditions.

P

pgregory

Sep 18, 2017
lafayette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10 ply 27-11r-12 kanati mongrels the perfect tire on all 4 for everything except the roughest, toughest, and muddiest trails. no spacers no lift needed. absolutely no problem with the 11inch tire on the front 9inch rim

N

Nurm

Nov 15, 2016
Yooper
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 28x10 terrabites all around with red rims as follows. Tusk Terrabite Radial Tire 28x10-14 Medium/Hard Terrain4/137 STI HD7 Alloy Wheel 14x7 5.0 + 2.0 Matte Black/Radiant RedRide-On ATV/UTV Tire Balancer and Sealant with Mounting was $924 from Rocky Mountain ATV. I put 1 inch spacers on the back so the wheelbases matched. I do get a little rubbing if I turn to the stops, which i rarely do. Definitely a smoother ride and seem to be wearing well.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bfgs

D

DDDonkey

If you plan on running lots of black top I would look at truck tires. Mine work great for black top and desert riding. Oh and hello form the west valley. If you're near me you could try my spare to see if it will fit.

P

pgregory

Sep 18, 2017
lafayette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanks guys...... went with 10 ply 27-11r-12 kanati mongrels the perfect tire on all 4 for everything except the roughest, toughest, and muddiest trails. no spacers no lift needed. absolutely no problem with the 11inch tire on the front 9inch rim
1900 miles on factorys....rear cudda gone at least 3k. 502 bux ready to roll!!!!!

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm running these.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B017OF96G2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07NGJRFBZ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

My buggy is street legal. I ride a lot on asphalt and dirt / limerock graded roads. Tires were balanced and don't shake at all. I paid 526.01 delivered to my door from Amazon.

Also running these spacers on rear.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07527CG52/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
D_M_A71

D_M_A71

Mar 3, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you plan on running lots of black top I would look at truck tires. Mine work great for black top and desert riding. Oh and hello form the west valley. If you're near me you could try my spare to see if it will fit.
West Valley here as well. Right now I’m just researching. What tires are you running. I’ve only had the unit for a few months, so my list is long, not looking to get wheels right now. Also, not looking to add any height. Thanks.

Last edited:
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
West Valley here as well. Right now I’m just researching. What tires are you running. I’ve only had the unit for a few months, so my list is long, not looking to get wheels right now. Also, not looking to add any height. Thanks.
you don't need the big tires for Arizona, we run 1" wheel spacers all around and in the sand it moves and no probable with tipping or getting over the rock piles.

D_M_A71

D_M_A71

Mar 3, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you don't need the big tires for Arizona, we run 1" wheel spacers all around and in the sand it moves and no probable with tipping or getting over the rock piles.
What size tires are you running?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!