Multi Sat phones

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for like and dislikes, what have you used in the past any frustrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Iridium at work a few years back. Kinda $$$. Whats the intended use?

Reactions: BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tagging @ohanacreek for his knowledge and experience on Sat phones - he has spoken about on here before and carry's one on the trail

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Tagging @ohanacreek for his knowledge and experience on Sat phones - he has spoken about on here before and carry's one on the trail
Yep he’s why we got ours. Works great it’s always in glove box

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Similar reason I got a ham radio, but guess it depends on coverage area. Sat phones are nice, would be interested in what some current costs are. Iridium had a free number you could use for a test call. Thx.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Similar reason I got a ham radio, but guess it depends on coverage area. Sat phones are nice, would be interested in what some current costs are. Iridium had a free number you could use for a test call. Thx.
Paying 61/month for 1year but that plan comes with phone. Great insurance to have.
Next week my wife and daughter will be driving a questionable borrowed rig deep into the woods 2 days before me, it’s made for those type of things lol
Hopefully we can say it’s never been needed but it’s therein case

Reactions: BWAF and Mudder
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I CALLED in and spoke with a human, Paid $49 for phone/shipping/activation, the cost and shipping varied with the mins package you signed up for.
A7F498F2 B290 4561 A57D 4333DF5F88A3

My year is almost up and I have 338mins built up, I’ll back the package down and keep rollover.
We used it this week 2 days when we went diving to let grandparents know we were headed back in and where to meet us for dinner with the kiddo. I’ve used it some in TN to check in to make sure everything was good at home and I let my FIL use it when they went to Dominica on vacation.

You can get a domestic # for $10/mo or most domestic cell providers charge $10/mo to receive SAT phone #’s. I may get a domestic number if we start using it more.

I had a Garmin inReach it it was $74/mo and the texts took about 10mins for a send and receive. It was WAY to slow. Phone is phone there’s maybe ½ second lag in conversation, I tried it when we first got it to see how bad it was but you don’t notice it unless you’re in same place and it’s about the same as a CellPhone lag anyway.

Edit: Adding Link

Satellite Phone Store - Sat Phone Rentals & Services - Worldwide Coverage

Looking at the plans available now I think we will stay with what we have and get the US number for the $10 charge, makes it easier for people to call us and cheaper to use it if I call them.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!