P1000 SATV 3 position windshield nod for chopped cage

J

JDAZ84

Feb 14, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all, I'm looking to chop my cage in the near future, but I have a SATV flip up windshield that I'm sure will need modding/trimming to fit. Any of you savvy pioneer vets have resources on how to do it myself?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey all, I'm looking to chop my cage in the near future, but I have a SATV flip up windshield that I'm sure will need modding/trimming to fit. Any of you savvy pioneer vets have resources on how to do it myself?
Did it mine.
Basically , after its off the machine, remove the brackets to the upper windshield. From he tallest point of the windshield measure down and put a mark one each end of the windshield IMPORTANT!! the AMOUNT OF CAGE YOU JUST CHOOPED. Then use some painters tape, blue , green , pink dosnt matter lol and go from each mark end to end. Then use a straight edge and draw a line from those 2 marks across the tape. Then SLOWLY cut that line with a jig saw. Remove the tape and Lightly sand any burrs you make.

Now the TOP pice u just CUT OFF take it and set it at the top of the pice u cut it from. your trying to make that pice look factory . take it and trace it LIGHTLY with a pencil then painters tape that and retrace that upper pice again. Now SLOWLY cut the final pice u just traced with a jig saw ,then remove the tape and smooth out any burrs u created Like u did before.

Once that is done, you can lie that factory upper pice u just cut back on top of the of the finnished pice and trace out the holes for the brackets And drill them out. again SLOWLY. You will then have to adjust the brackets to your liking by drilling new points for the shocks ect. and then your good to go!

sounds hard to do but its really mot bad if u take your time. Take brakes and have a beer. Ill post pics of mine when i get back out to the barn later.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh yeah,
dont forget to post pics of your finished chop and your windshield!
#POIDH

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Did it mine.
Basically , after its off the machine, remove the brackets to the upper windshield. From he tallest point of the windshield measure down and put a mark one each end of the windshield IMPORTANT!! the AMOUNT OF CAGE YOU JUST CHOOPED. Then use some painters tape, blue , green , pink dosnt matter lol and go from each mark end to end. Then use a straight edge and draw a line from those 2 marks across the tape. Then SLOWLY cut that line with a jig saw. Remove the tape and Lightly sand any burrs you make.

Now the TOP pice u just CUT OFF take it and set it at the top of the pice u cut it from. your trying to make that pice look factory . take it and trace it LIGHTLY with a pencil then painters tape that and retrace that upper pice again. Now SLOWLY cut the final pice u just traced with a jig saw ,then remove the tape and smooth out any burrs u created Like u did before.

Once that is done, you can lie that factory upper pice u just cut back on top of the of the finnished pice and trace out the holes for the brackets And drill them out. again SLOWLY. You will then have to adjust the brackets to your liking by drilling new points for the shocks ect. and then your good to go!

sounds hard to do but its really mot bad if u take your time. Take brakes and have a beer. Ill post pics of mine when i get back out to the barn later.

Didn't chop my top but have done plenty of cutting on both a full and half shield. The only thing I'd add to Remi's instructions is to cut and drill over or close to a board. The tape prevents a lot of it but that stuff will crack if you get too much flex going on.
Good luck and POIDH.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Didn't chop my top but have done plenty of cutting on both a full and half shield. The only thing I'd add to Remi's instructions is to cut and drill over or close to a board. The tape prevents a lot of it but that stuff will crack if you get too much flex going on.
Good luck and POIDH.
☝️ ☝️☝️THIS TOO☝️☝️☝️

CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I pretty much followed Remingtons method. I probably measured 6 times before cutting because I didn't want to mess up my expensive windshield. It turned out just fine but the windshield was way more nerve wracking than cutting and welding my cage.

J

JDAZ84

Feb 14, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did it mine.

Awesome, thank you!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!