Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just kind of curious how many people have high mileage on axles with the forward arched a-arms.
Got talking with a friend who has a lift and just recently has had to do boots but no axles yet and he has 18k on his rig. I don’t feel that there’d be any difference between a lift and forward arched for dependability on axles but maybe there is.
I have arched but no lift. Had one Honda axle finally give up at 2100 after tearing the boot a long time ago and finally replacing that a couple muddy rides later but that lasted another year. Have since in very short time taken out two AllBalls and am moving on to Rhino. All axles have been front. Have rear satv arm still in box been enjoying riding rather then working on the machine. Planning on finally switching but got me thinking.

So what have people’s luck been as far as axles with the forward arched been? Drastic difference in axle performance or not? I figure people with arched may be trying to get more performance or rigidly so then riding harder possibly so that may contribute. What’s everyone’s thoughts

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just kind of curious how many people have high mileage on axles with the forward arched a-arms.
Got talking with a friend who has a lift and just recently has had to do boots but no axles yet and he has 18k on his rig. I don’t feel that there’d be any difference between a lift and forward arched for dependability on axles but maybe there is.
I have arched but no lift. Had one Honda axle finally give up at 2100 after tearing the boot a long time ago and finally replacing that a couple muddy rides later but that lasted another year. Have since in very short time taken out two AllBalls and am moving on to Rhino. All axles have been front. Have rear satv arm still in box been enjoying riding rather then working on the machine. Planning on finally switching but got me thinking.

So what have people’s luck been as far as axles with the forward arched been? Drastic difference in axle performance or not? I figure people with arched may be trying to get more performance or rigidly so then riding harder possibly so that may contribute. What’s everyone’s thoughts
3" SATV lift and arched arms. Never had a boot issue but went through AllBall axles like toilet paper! I'm back to stock honda axles and think that's the way to go!

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You talking forward bent arms, or arched.. as in arms that lift?

Either way, what do you do for A-arm guards??

Reactions: BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Really isn't enough forward angle added to mess with the boots. Big thing is to be careful going full lock without the stops in 4wd. I try to go full lock and back off 1/2 round on the wheel. I haven't broke a Rhino with 30" stickies yet, close to 1,000 all pretty rough rock miles with a little more gogo juice than stock.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really isn't enough forward angle added to mess with the boots. Big thing is to be careful going full lock without the stops in 4wd. I try to go full lock and back off 1/2 round on the wheel. I haven't broke a Rhino with 30" stickies yet, close to 1,000 all pretty rough rock miles with a little more gogo juice than stock.
I’m sure hoping the Rhinos will be better then AllBalls. I like hearing they hold up on yours. Factory did well but I’d like to see more mileage

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I was pretty good about that then I wasn’t had three axels go in three back to back rides... 500miles since the last one though.

J

JTW

Same here with the oversized 30’s.. fronts been great. Rear not so much.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have SATV arms. I’m at 1,800 miles no major issues but finally had a popping in my front drivers side axel OEM. I use the steering stops. Jut bought some AllBalls for the front seam heavy duty and much softer boots. My initial thoughts on boots and axel issues is how well you drive and that equals to how much u beat them up as to how long they last but some things you just can’t help. Just MHO

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have SATV arms. I’m at 1,800 miles no major issues but finally had a popping in my front drivers side axel OEM. I use the steering stops. Jut bought some AllBalls for the front seam heavy duty and much softer boots. My initial thoughts on boots and axel issues is how well you drive and that equals to how much u beat them up as to how long they last but some things you just can’t help. Just MHO
For me it was 2100 before one Honda was clicking after long time torn boot. Under 300 on either AllBalls and both shattered baskets. Same driving style same drivers same terrain. Never in my previous two machines did I break an axle. But first didn’t have satv control arms and second was about 50% with them. That is what has had me asking the questions.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!