Search box update. Google Search / Site Search.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have completed a upgrade on the search box. It how has 2 tabs. Google Search and Site Search.
Give it a test and leave me some feedback... Good or bad. I would like to here about your experience.

Thanks.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I have completed a upgrade on the search box. It how has 2 tabs. Google Search and Site Search.
Give it a test and leave me some feedback... Good or bad. I would like to here about your experience.

Thanks.
I think its terrible , I have no luck any time I try and preform a search, I think the Google part should be taken off, Out of all the forums I visit this one has the worst Search feature :( .....sorry for the negative feedback ....but on a good note this is my favorite forum just don't like the search feature)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks Ken.
We just recently installed the Google part to provide a whole site search. Installed because I feel the site search is missing something.

Did you try the site search tab?
Try that and give me some feedback on that.

Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The google search function is a bit particular and you have yo take an extra step on only search the forums here vs. the WWW. Once you go that extra step and type in what you are looking for again you will be presented with some google sponsored ads at the tops or the screen but below it however if you scroll down it does display the topic or key words of posts you are searching for. It is a little different to get used to and not as quick / slick as some other search boxes but once you learn the trick it does give you the information you are asking for. I am not sure if changing a setting or two would make this a little more efficient for the forum members.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm up to trying a few changes.
I added Google search to try to help as I personally disliked the site search.

I'll see what options are available.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I'm up to trying a few changes.
I added Google search to try to help as I personally disliked the site search.

I'll see what options are available.
Thanks Ken.
We just recently installed the Google part to provide a whole site search. Installed because I feel the site search is missing something.

Did you try the site search tab?
Try that and give me some feedback on that.

Thanks.
Yeah I tried it but still not a fan of this search feature, I find the search feature on hondapioneerforum is easy to use and effective but that website don't have as good of information and stuff as this forum

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Would you mind providing me some search terms you were having trouble with?

Or maybe a screen shot of the issue.
Just want to make sure I understand the setback.
Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just dropping a note here if you are reading this thread because of the search results you get using the search feature at the top of this page. As it is for now the default setting is a Google search but concurrently does a search of this forum only in the tab immediately beside it once you enter the search results. Below are three screen shots, first is an example for CVT Boot search, the second is the default search screen, the third is the results you are likely looking for, not the rec circles on the last two screenshots. Hope this help nail down what you may be searching for on here.

Search20Screen201 zpsxhzvogh0

Search20Screen202 zpsyaradmzh

Search20Screen203 zpsmazqgp7u

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!